Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good

Coasty

Feb 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Was out and about found an old barn found a lot of junk then bingo! I came across an old glass milk bottle it was pretty dirty when I dug it out I could not believe my eyes. It was filled with buffalo nickels dates were 1934, 1936, 1937 and 1930. Took them home and ran then through my ultrasonic cleaner with just distilled water. They all came out with viewable dates and the bottle cleaned up nicely too.
bffcache.jpg

Upvote 65
Was out and about found an old barn found a lot of junk then bingo! I came across an old glass milk bottle it was pretty dirty when I dug it out I could not believe my eyes. It was filled with buffalo nickels dates were 1934, 1936, 1937 and 1930. Took them home and ran then through my ultrasonic cleaner with just distilled water. They all came out with viewable dates and the bottle cleaned up nicely too.
View attachment 2163519
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

I have an industrial model and use it for cleaning just about everything from tools to auto parts and range find shells. It only took 10 minutes of use to clean up everything. CareWorks makes smaller ones for jewelry which is around 55 bucks. With just dawn dish soap and distilled water everything came out clean without hurting any of the nickles. This is the one I have.
WOW Thank you very much :)

View attachment 2163519
Bammmm! That is awesome! Nice find!

View attachment 2163519
I see a couple of three legged buffs in the mix !!!

Did you check for the 1937 3 legged ?
Yup, not that lucky and my stepfather was a coin dealer. A while back I found a 1945P war nickel which contains 35% silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back