Sometimes , I feel it...and then it happens...

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a powerful yen to dirtfish today (rather than go to the beach); it clouded over, began to thunder, but not rain. i Ran out to a park. Hit a silver ring real quick. That was a harbinger for me; i should keep going. A few raindrops, but it stopped before it got started. The gold r ing took some time. I had the thought that someone careless must have lost a gold ring here, and a moment later, I got a high foil read on my whites eagle. Pulled a clod of dirt and roots and i could see a band, it was broken and dark near the break, and i thought its not gold, then i saw the front of the ring, and that looked like real gold. Took me awhile to see the 14k inside.
Breaks in gold bands are common and broken bands read low. I never pass over a high foil signal. Refitted rings are cut and then soldered with a low karat solder which may stain while in the ground as the copper or tin migrates to the surface.This ring also has a repair to the band near the front where there was a cavity or bubble in the band, the ring still has a small hole in the face opposite the solder repair. Interesting. About a 3 point diamond with a wide table. It does not fluoresce. I can see at least one inclusion with a loupe, but it looks like a pretty good diamond as far as I can tell, clear and white, though quite small.

woo-hoo, mis amigos estranjeros, yee ha.

The silver ring is sterling, not sure about the style of the cross. someone is selling one on etsy, says the lady she got it from said it was made in the 60s. Inside its stampd, in small numbers 925 and in big numbers 103

Melt value of the gold ring today...about $168.

c29aac42-cfee-4760-ab42-6c235758b9b2.jpg 20130923_163454.jpg20130923_163900.jpg04918c45-f0c9-4db7-90d8-203675030f83.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 2
Great rings, congrats!

AWESOME JOB!!! Nice rings.
Congrats, :occasion14:
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back