Something different but still a find

LostinGeorgia

Aug 21, 2023
Found a recently toppled white oak near one of the homesites I detect. Went this morning to get some chunks hopefully for axe handles. Also a picture of my first attempt at making one. (In progress). Black walnut and I know it’s not the best for handles but just wanted to see if I could do it. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_0878.jpeg
    IMG_0878.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0879.jpeg
    IMG_0879.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 55
Upvote 16
Found a recently toppled white oak near one of the homesites I detect. Went this morning to get some chunks hopefully for axe handles. Also a picture of my first attempt at making one. (In progress). Black walnut and I know it’s not the best for handles but just wanted to see if I could do it. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Nice going on the handle it's looking good. Linseed is your friend when it comes to wood.

I took down a tall Hickory tree early this year, going to see what can be made out of it later on.
A few handles of sorts was the idea.

Nice!!!

Cool finds! Great effort at making that handle... you did a good job. Let us know how it holds up in use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back