SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a token that been cut in half. One side says Rhode Island with a sailboat mast on it then the other side says Pennsylvania with the state and liberty bell on it. It has a reeded edge. What is this and why was it cut??

image-2778253954.jpg

Transportation token? From one place to the other?
I note that the wording on the one William posted isn't the same as yours.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It might help to post the other half of each side of the token so we get a complete picture.

Upvote 0
I think he means that is both sides of 1 token in the pics.

Tim

Upvote 0
Maybe it was a miss-struck token, that was cut in half to easily identify it as scrap so it wouldn't be shipped to the customer.

Upvote 0
Naw....lawn mower got it!

Upvote 0
It is only ONE piece lol i wish i had both im going back to see if i can find the other half of it.The pics are the back and front. Is cut perfectly so i dont think a lawn mower got it. Any ideas now? Or at least age?

Upvote 0
union.JPGunion1.JPG
Ok, here's a couple of pics of the same kind of coins that I pulled off Ebay. They all depict a different state on each side of the coin. From the Washington state coin, I'd say these date after 1962 when the Space Needle was constructed. They also bear a resemblance in wording to the old Shell tokens although on these the States Of The Union is on the bottom rather than on the top
union3.JPGunion4.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back