621 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    701.6 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    764.7 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 0
jmaschal nailed it, keep looking and we all have brought home rocks and still do.:laughing7:

Guys are u sure!?! Not sure how two different kinds of rock got stuck together and the stone does show areas where it's been flaked to size. Can't get it to show up in pics well though!!

Guys are u sure!?! Not sure how two different kinds of rock got stuck together and the stone does show areas where it's been flaked to size. Can't get it to show up in pics well though!!

100% sure. Both of those are naturally formed stones. Where are you looking when you go hunting? Are you in fields or creeks? You need to concentrate on looking for pieces of Flint for now and leave these large stone alone until you learn more about what to look for. You definitely have the passion for the hobby, you just need to study the artifacts in your area so you can start finding some. I know your area is loaded with great artifacts. I have seen some first hand at shows.

100% sure. Both of those are naturally formed stones. Where are you looking when you go hunting? Are you in fields or creeks? You need to concentrate on looking for pieces of Flint for now and leave these large stone alone until you learn more about what to look for. You definitely have the passion for the hobby, you just need to study the artifacts in your area so you can start finding some. I know your area is loaded with great artifacts. I have seen some first hand at shows.

This area is def full of flint! So much so I'm tired of finding all diff kinds ofscrapers.. Multifaced tools..and axe heads.. My journey today was to try and head up to see where all of this was originally coming from as it appears to be following a rain current flow down the area and into a stream. Got half way up and still can't figure it out! By the time anything halfway decent makes it down its beat to nothing from all the bigger rocks and stuff!! I have problems asking permission to hunt as I think it has something with me being a women and nobody wants me to get hurt while on their property or they're liable.. My son is the reason I got into this and after the first day of him and I looking he found an awesome adena point and now everything is compared to that..so I'm at a loss here!

Can you draw up some type of permission excludeing the land owner of any possible accidents?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back