Some silver

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
It's been so hot and dry (no rain) around here lately that I've been hunting mostly at night. Here's a few finds from the weekend. The larger silver chain is almost a half ounce. And yes, I dug up the magnifying glass.
Hotdry.jpg
Cheers!

Ridley

Upvote 0
artemis moon said:
I :-\n broad daylight with the sun shining directly in the hole, I still have difficulties finding what I'm looking for..how in the heck do you find anything at night?

I use a Vibra-Probe pin pointer. I'm still trying figure out how to do it in a thunderstorm. The lightning aspect has me stumped! :D

Ridley

Nice job on the Silver chain(s). Sadly, I have yet to find one.

We have the Vibra Probe. Great for waterproof applications but Nate and I don't like it's limited range. We get double with our other two pinpointers(Bullseye and Sherlock).

Bob

I'm lucky I didn't gouge the last two silver quarters I dug with the Minelab. Yes, they were deep, but I was so far off with pin pionting, the coins were safely in the side of the plug. Both coins were exactly in the same position. About 3 inches to the left of what the EXPII indicated.

I'm thinking about the Sunray probe, but My senior executive accountant (wife), says I'm geared up enough for now.

It's too bad because I've actually walked away from 20 or so silver signals because I just plain couldn't find them! :D

Ridley

Ridley said:
I'm lucky I didn't gouge the last two silver quarters I dug with the Minelab. Yes, they were deep, but I was so far off with pin pionting, the coins were safely in the side of the plug. Both coins were exactly in the same position. About 3 inches to the left of what the EXPII indicated.

I'm thinking about the Sunray probe, but My senior executive accountant (wife), says I'm geared up enough for now.

It's too bad because I've actually walked away from 20 or so silver signals because I just plain couldn't find them! :D

Ridley

Dude, White's don't do dat to us. :D Why is it hard to pinpoint?

KirkPA said:
Ridley said:

Ridley

Either I'm semi-retarded or Minelab engineers just didn't think it was important to be able to pin point. I guess I could always carry the DFX around with me too, and use it as a giant pin pointer. (until I get yet more (interesting and exotic) expensive gadgets).

A dudes got to do what a dudes got to do! (to get the wilver).

Ridley

Ridley said:
KirkPA said:
Ridley said:

Ridley

Either I'm semi-retarded or Minelab engineers just didn't think it was important to be able to pin point. I guess I could always carry the DFX around with me too, and use it as a giant pin pointer. (until I get yet more (interesting and exotic) expensive gadgets).

A dudes got to do what a dudes got to do! (to get the wilver).

Ridley

Indubitably, a dude needs a detector, like a detector needs a coil, to find that elusive wilver! :D :D :) ;) ;) :D

GREAT SILVER!! You might want to let RMac1721 borrow that magnifying glass to examine his rash. Way to go, and keep em coming!

Man, who recycled this old post of Ridley's AGAIN? ???
It's bad enough he flaunts his silver finds in my face once, but TWICE!!! >:(
Geez, can't a guy get a break? ??? ;D
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back