some finds ive been curious about

Monolyth

Jan 8, 2010
oregon coast
Detector(s) used
tiger shark/ xterra 305
The coin shaped object I found while out meteorite hunting. I came across an old structure and did some light mding around it. My rare earth magnet was stuck on my shovel and the object stuck to it.

Tried cleaning it in a homade electrolysis chamber but no luck. I'm guessing some kind of metal slug or token??

The other object rang in as silver on my detector while on the beach. No clue as to what it was or is. I've had these items shelved for awhile and would appreciate any insight so I can categorize them or scrap them:)

Thx all,

Monolyth

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    525.6 KB · Views: 307
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    571.8 KB · Views: 303
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    505.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    508.3 KB · Views: 304
The bottom piece looks like a piece of melted aluminum ro cast aluminum. That would have read as a buckle on my machine which is about where a quarter sized silver coin would read as well.

Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
The bottom piece looks like a piece of melted aluminum ro cast aluminum. That would have read as a buckle on my machine which is about where a quarter sized silver coin would read as well.

Thank your for looking and your opinion. I'm usually just out for coins and every once in a while you get the occasional weird thing that you don't really want to throw out just in case. This was one example.

I appreciate your response:)

thank you,
Monolyth

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back