Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too windy for a water hunt in the lake today, so I went for a morning walk in the forest where there was a lumber mill that burned down in 1949.
Pretty tough hunt as the ground under the pine needles is chock full of nails. Managed to find a few good tones.
1948 California registration tags
1940-s cent
Aluminum match safe
clothing hardware piece

The registration tags were stuck together in the plug, so I figure they were unmounted and still held together by the steel staple when lost.

IMG_7870.jpg

IMG_7871.JPG

Upvote 15
Too windy for a water hunt in the lake today, so I went for a morning walk in the forest where there was a lumber mill that burned down in 1949.
Pretty tough hunt as the ground under the pine needles is chock full of nails. Managed to find a few good tones.
1940-s cent
Aluminum match safe
clothing hardware piece

The registration tags were stuck together in the plug, so I figure they were unmounted and still held together by the steel staple when lost.

View attachment 2172419

View attachment 2172420
looks like fun for sure! wtg

1940-s cent
Aluminum match safe
clothing hardware piece

View attachment 2172419

View attachment 2172420
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Well done on getting something really kind of different for a recovery.
And in great shape.
Hope the picture brings a smile.

View attachment 2172423

Holy crap!

Some great finds!...but that price is way high, there's many more out there for much less, mostly on eBay, listed from around $15 and up to $75, in 1948 you had to have 2 tabs with matching serial numbers, one for the back and one for the front, I did find a couple of matching sets for around $150ish.

California had these tabs from 1948 to 1955, they changed the main tag 3 times during that period, the tabs also changed in color and from being mounted on the top right to being mounted on the bottom right.

Items like this sell to either auto tag and or signs collectors or to vintage car owners who want a era correct tag to match the year of their car.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back