DSCF0025.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCF0023.jpg
    DSCF0023.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCF0024.jpg
    DSCF0024.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 210
Well your buttons look like: Eagle with an I is civil war era or prior. The eagle without anything in the shield is Spanish American era, late 1870s to 1900, and the third with the circle of stars above the eagle is the great seal button from around 1903 to current. You buckle could be anything but I lean towards something a woman would have worn.

Upvote 0
duggap said:
Well your buttons look like: Eagle with an I is civil war era or prior. The eagle without anything in the shield is Spanish American era, late 1870s to 1900, and the third with the circle of stars above the eagle is the great seal button from around 1903 to current. You buckle could be anything but I lean towards something a woman would have worn.

Good ID. :thumbsup:

And a Beautiful Eagle "I" at that. :)

Upvote 0
Agree with the buttons... but will add the "I" stands for Infantry, a "C" would have stood for Calvary... and there are a few others

The buckle is probably a women's sash buckle with that thin material...

Nice finds :)

A clear and clean picture of those button backmarks might get you very close to an actual manufacture date as well...

Upvote 0
When I was a small cowboy I got a set of guns and holsters for Christmas one year. The holsters and belt were made of genuine fake cardboard "leather" that was almost guaranteed to seperate if it got wet or played with too hard while shooting Indians and bad guys. And it did! It had a very flimsy but what was supposed to be a fancy buckle on it very similar to the one you found. It broke too! Given the age of the buttons it probably is not "my" buckle however, but an early model from which it was copied? You just can't find good stuff like my gun rig anymore. M :D nty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back