** Solved ** 3rd regiment artillery 1811-1813 Button

FooserPaul

May 9, 2008
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
This rang up as a penny on my XT70 @ 6"... I"d dug 2 buffalo's and a barber close to this hole...

button.jpg

*shrug*

Re: Very Interesting Button...

I'm guessing 1830s Livery Button

Upvote 0

War of 1812 ERA Artillery 3rd Regiment. Alberts AY 38 Might be a backmark, which you did not mention, ones listed are Leavenworth & Hayden & Scovil and another one by Scovill Mfg Co. that was a replica made in 1952.

Don

Upvote 0

Don in SJ said:
War of 1812 ERA Artillery 3rd Regiment, is my guess, based on similar button for 1st Regiment in Alberts book?

Don

wow cool. I thought of the military angle but then rejected it on the style of the letter. I never knew they used such flamboyant letters. Very interesting.

Upvote 0

CRUSADER said:
Don in SJ said:
War of 1812 ERA Artillery 3rd Regiment, is my guess, based on similar button for 1st Regiment in Alberts book?

Don

wow cool. I thought of the military angle but then rejected it on the style of the letter. I never knew they used such flamboyant letters. Very interesting.

I updated my reply , after turning on the light in my room and actually could see what I was looking at in the book! ::)

Upvote 0

Don in SJ said:
CRUSADER said:
Don in SJ said:

Don

I updated my reply , after turning on the light in my room and actually could see what I was looking at in the book! ::)

At least my guess date wasn't far off :D :D

Upvote 0

That's a GREAT find--and a GREAT ID, Don. :thumbsup:

Congrats!

Upvote 0

FooserPaul said:
Nothing that I can see on the back.... :-(

[ Not a bad sign at all with no backmark, very common for that to happen, so congrats on a great War of 1812 button!

Don

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back