So new I dont even have a detector yet!

Tourezrick

Nov 2, 2006
South Side of Chicago (the baddest part of town)
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
So new I don't even have a detector yet!

I'm a retired Chicago Public School teacher/retired martial arts instructor who now has the time to do what he wants. I like to ride my recumbent bike and trike, hike, fool around with astronomy and cars. Just ordered a MPX from Kellyco, then discovered a negative review on this site. Oh, well, if I made a mistake, it certainly won't be my first, or last! Any South/Southwest 'Burb residents, feel free to e-mail me, as I have lots of free time, and there are lots of interesting areas I know about in which to search. Feel free to visit my website: http://home.comcast.net/~rwasserman10
Akachita mahnee yo!

Tourezrick

Re: So new I don't even have a detector yet!

Welcome to TNet! Hope you get some detecting in before the snow comes. Remember, post your finds, even if you think they're junk, and include pictures! Good luck, and Keep Searching!

Welcome to Tnet, I was on this site for about 4 Months without a detector...... But hey it is a good time to learn while you are waiting. ;D

God bless
Peter

HEY whats up stinky :o
dekalb illinois here
season is about over
read and learn the sled hills will be open soon
great for day time hunts during the week you being retired (no one around to ask stupid questions) after a good snow ;)
cut your teeth on that TO LEARN then....

WEST SIDE 8)

T,

welcome to the board.

Your link at comcast and had no luck.

I'm S/W of the city. Just out on parole ;)

South, school teacher; you around U of C?
Hope to see some of your finds.

have a good un................

Me too. Just ordered my first detector on E-bay. Looking forward to getting started.

Ross
Morristown, TN
(Davy Crockett country)

To those who have tried to access my website, my apologies, correct link is now appearing on the original message and on my profile. Prime example of hubris - just when you think you are somewhat computer literate, ya do something that proves how little ya really know!

Welcome aboard!! More time to enjoy all your hobbies with your retirement. Once you start MDing you will be addicted.

;) RR

Well, now I have a detector! Had time for about half an hour of sweeping in an area that had an old farm house. Trash, trash and more trash, but that's what I expected first day out. Ah, tomorrow's another day. Need to get an entrenching tool - little plastic shovel that Kellyco sends as a freebie just ain't cutting it. I'm wondering about the old Joliet Army Ammo Plant, not that I would search in the production areas, but I remember that there were berms pushed up for rifle ranges, and that there were designated bivvy sites.

Tourezrick

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you with us. The Old Ammo plant sounds like it would be very interesting.

T,

(JAAP), Joliet Army Ammunition Plant, is a big
site. As you know most is now made up into
the Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie.

Those areas are off limit to detecting. If you
drive around you can find some areas, not national,
that are good for detecting.

The Midewin is a good hike in the woods, without
your detector. You can find some neat stuff.
Got a post somewhere, I cannot find it, about
Midewin.

What type of detector did you get?

have a good un...............

Once there was none, now there are two! Two metal detectors? Who am I kidding? Well, I do have two arms - would that work? Started out with an MXP last Tuesday, bought a DFX this weekend. Does that mean I'm addicted? If so, it's not a bad thing. I guess there is a comparison somewhere in the making, after I learn the DFX. Wonder how that will turn out! As if that's even a question. Time to stop typing and go out hunting!

Tourezrick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back