Snuffer bottles?

I have several snuffer bottles. I cannot remember who makes the good ones or the bad "one". There is one on the market that does not have a good seal. But no big deal. They are inexpensive. Just remember to get one or two funnels so you can transfer those little colors to your vial. TTC

I recently bought a couple of proline bottles, and don't really care for them, my old beat up Garrett is still the one I use..

Last edited:
I just bought, off the internet, 12 4oz bottles for $2.00/ea.....delivered to the house. Then went to the hardware store and bought a couple feet of 1/4" plastic tube for a couple of bucks...got snuffer bottles I don't know what to do with now...and cheap.
Jim

Hi Robbor,
I like the GPAA snuffer best. It is easy to remove the straw by opening it up, pull the straw out that also has a plastic gasket on it, put the top back on and tip the snuffer upside down into your vile and shake the gold in. Works great and the snuffer tip fits into the vile snug.

B H Prospector

I make my own snuffer bottles now, none were overly good for underwater sniping.

I did like the Garrett the best though, but it still wasnt close to my design. :)

The Snuffer bottle that I make costs about $10 dollars but is the best snuffer bottle for underwater Sniping that I have ever used.

It is an 8oz bottle with a 3x longer tip that curves to help get into hard to reach spots, being curved makes it easier on your wrists as well.
The tube also gradually increases its inner diameter so that clogs are not an issue.

It is a hard plastic too so if can be used to lightly push stuck gold from cracks or clay without breaking the tip.

Its an overall awesome sniper bottle, I might end up selling them.

Sounds like a good design for your application. I think there are more money to be made selling good products to miners, than there is gold to harvest.8-) But I like being out digging and looking to much to bother..

Yup, thats what I have been told time and time again. :)

I have a few idea's that I would like to put together and sell. :)

I make my own snuffer bottles now, none were overly good for underwater sniping.

I did like the Garrett the best though, but it still wasnt close to my design. :)

The Snuffer bottle that I make costs about $10 dollars but is the best snuffer bottle for underwater Sniping that I have ever used.

It is an 8oz bottle with a 3x longer tip that curves to help get into hard to reach spots, being curved makes it easier on your wrists as well.
The tube also gradually increases its inner diameter so that clogs are not an issue.

It is a hard plastic too so if can be used to lightly push stuck gold from cracks or clay without breaking the tip.

Its an overall awesome sniper bottle, I might end up selling them.
send me a pic, [email protected]

Ya Neo, please post a pic. I would be interested, I know there's gotta be a little mark up plus shipping...

Also, have you tried it in dry areas? Above water line? Picking and scraping at crevices, will it suck dry material also?

No pics till I get ready to sell. ;)

Drywallman, like all other snuffer bottles it can somewhat pick up dry material but it is very limited and not intended for that.

Thanks Neo

Ya I understand that all sniffer bottles will pick up dry material to a degree. A friend of mine mentioned using one of the older all metal type meat injectors.. With the largest tip and using it as a small crack crevice sucking device, any thoughts? Was also thinking maybe one of the hand held vacuum pumps like mechanics use to bleed brakes, making making a scraper nozzle for the end? There's something there I'm sure. Gonna have to go to my local auto parts store and get me one.

I tried one of the meat injectors when I saw a couple at the local 99.99 cent store and found that it was not as effective as a simple cheap-o snuffer bottle.
If the needle gets blocked you need to have a little ramrod to clear it out, with any other straw you can just bite it a little on the side to help the clog along.

The self brake bleeders have been mentioned before and Harbor Freight has them fairly cheap, that would work pretty well as long as the price is right.
Harbor Freight also has a Bulb Snuffer that works really well but it will spill the gold right back out if you dont put it into a vial right away.
They also have a tiny oiler that has something like a 4oz bottle and a little metal tube, if you cut the restricted tip off the tube it makes for a nice micro gold snuffer but really not good for sniping.

You can make a mouth suction device pretty easy, I will tell you how I made mine.

1-gal jug of Tradewinds Sweet Tea from Safeway
Two 3' section's of clear 3/8" tubing
A hard plastic tube to insert into the 3/8" tube for your tip. This will keep you from getting clogs in the line and keep an clog in the tip where it is easy to remove.

Drill a small hole above the handle behind the opening just smaller than the 3/8" tubing so it is a VERY tight fit.
Insert the hose into the hole and use a bent stiff wire or something curved to push the tube into the handle section so that you do not suck up your material.
Drill a small hole the same size as before in the lid and put the hose in.

Its a really simple to build and use tool and hardly costs anything. :)

Hey thanks Neo. Ya I've seen just tubing and some sort of tip, but I can picture the bottle as the collection tank. Pretty clever. I'll have to make me one :-)

No prob, I first saw someone else doing it with a large jar but the risk of breaking it is really high so I brainstormed as to what I could use around the house. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back