Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Again......I can't take credit for these pictures. Most were taken by my hubby, my sister-in-law, and my brother.

Tobermory is a small community located at the northern tip of the Bruce Peninsula in the municipality of Northern Bruce Peninsula, Ontario, Canada. It is 300km northwest of Toronto. The closest city to Tobermory is Owen Sound, 100km south of Tobermory and connected by Highway 6.

The town is known as the fresh water SCUBA diving capital of the world, because of the numerous shipwrecks that lie in the surrounding waters, especially in Fathom Five National Marine Park. Tobermory and the surrounding area are popular vacation destinations. People come for the beaches, the diving, the unspoilt countryside and the relaxed pace of life. The town lies north of the Bruce Peninsula National Park.

We snorkeled two days. The first day we went by boat to two dive sites. The water is gorgeous...so blue and clear....but also very cold. It was 55 degrees. Brrrrr.....

The second day we just dove from shore. There were 4 tug boats that had sunk along the shore. Fun...Fun....Fun!! First picture my hand scuba hand signal for "I'm OK!".

Attachments

• tnet20.jpg
    tnet20.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 525
  • tnet21.jpg
    tnet21.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 505
  • tnet22.jpg
    tnet22.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 559
More fun in freezing icy cold Lake Huron! Brrrrrrr.........

Attachments

• tnet23.jpg
    tnet23.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 631
  • tnet24.jpg
    tnet24.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 642
  • tnet25.jpg
    tnet25.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 469
  • tnet26.jpg
    tnet26.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 421
Great pictures!!!

Lisa that looks really exciting, and at those water temperatures it must have been shocking too!

Thanks for sharing,

JCH

Cool ! I think I'd be wearin 2 wetsuits AND longjohns for that one ! I HATE the cold,I use a 7 mm suit even in warm water ! :D

I love snorkeling. looks like you had a great time

Great pics, Lisa. I too love snorkeling...did it in the warm waters of Key West. I don't think I could handle that cold water @ Tobermory.

;) RR

Just Mona...those are great pics and it looks like ya'll had a great time.

I'm thinking like CD....you sure the Village People weren't on the same trip with ya? ::)

Nice pictures, I love the shot of the anchor!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back