Smallest Colonial Copper Coin I Ever Found

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I braved the heat, humidity, ticks and fly's yesterday and went into the forest. I found the smallest coper coin that I ever found in all my years of detecting. My eyes were so full of sweat and sand that I couldn't tell that it was a coin until I got home. When I got home I was surprised to see a 1773 1 Maravedi Spanish Colonial coper coin. It's 15mm and worth 1/34 of a reale. In the picture it's the one leaning up against the musket ball. I wonder what you could buy with it in New Jersey in 1773?

Attachments

• aaa1.jpg
    aaa1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 112
  • aaa3.jpg
    aaa3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 91
  • aaa2.jpg
    aaa2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 28
I braved the heat, humidity, ticks and fly's yesterday and went into the forest. I found the smallest coper coin that I ever found in all my years of detecting. My eyes were so full of sweat and sand that I couldn't tell that it was a coin until I got home. When I got home I was surprised to see a 1773 1 Maravedi Spanish Colonial coper coin. It's 15mm and worth 1/34 of a reale. In the picture it's the one leaning up against the musket ball. I wonder what you could buy with it in New Jersey in 1773?
Sweet Finds...!
Is that a cannonball....??!

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

My eyes were so full of sweat and sand that I couldn't tell that it was a coin until I got home.
I hear that. I keep a stack of handkerchief-sized microfiber cloths as part of my MD kit.

1721140326514.png

I keep one in each back pocket; one for cleaning finds, and the other (cleaner one) for my 👁👁 & glasses.

wow, great save

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back