Small Pot Found in Mexico. Can anybody tell me how old it is?

sozogdl

Apr 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, i found this pot in Mexico this morning. The person that had it said that it was found buried but that's about all that he could tell me about it. Can someone help me identify the approximate age of it? Thanks pot 01.jpgpot 02.jpgpot 03.jpgpot 04.jpgpot 05.jpg

Last edited:
Other then things like this are made today as they were made 500 year ago it's really hard to say how old it is. Wouldn't be the first time someone offered something like this that was claimed to be dug up. I just watched an episode on Antiques Road Show where this fella spent some good money on some clay artifacts he said were purchased form a family from Mexico who said they dug them up on their ranch in Mexico. The appraiser didn't have much good news for that guy who had them appraised. Pretty much takes a hands on person familiar with pre Colombian artifacts to determine these kind of things I'm thinking?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I totally agree with Tamrock.
There are literally millions of pieces of "tourist" pottery produced every year in Mexico.
I hope it turns out to be the real thing for you though.
There is only one way to tell,,,
And that is to take it somewhere to someone that is informed and educated in this topic.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back