Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't figure this one out . As you can see it has 2 different ends on the tee handle - the sharp end is slightly offset . I thought it might be a wine bottle opener , but the shaft gets to thick . I thought maybe a dental tool - my girlfriend says no - she's been working in a dental office for 35 years .

it has worn markings - I think I see '' EMB..B SGDP ''

Attachments

• DSCF8027.JPG
    DSCF8027.JPG
    948.1 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCF8028.JPG
    DSCF8028.JPG
    953.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF8029.JPG
    DSCF8029.JPG
    904.8 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF8032.JPG
    DSCF8032.JPG
    789.9 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF8033.JPG
    DSCF8033.JPG
    743.2 KB · Views: 68
I guess you know girlfriends are always right.

Upvote 0
just a guess,a tool for installing bay seals? never seen one. but?
brad

Upvote 0
I think maybe a tool for working with leather. The hook may be for pulling leather laces through the the leather. Nice find.

Upvote 0
Seems to be a fancy buttonhook? Possibly specialized for a cobbler or boot maker?

Upvote 0
the curve tip is sharp like a razor....

Upvote 0
A tuning hammer I would guess.
The mark I think has SGDG, a French “patented” mark

Upvote 0
Was able to find a little info about such items. Here's one good example:

" Those who are not corkscrew collectors probably wouldn't recognise this item as a corkscrew. While this item would usually be referred to as a cork puller or non-worm cork extractor, its purpose is the same; to remove the cork from a wine bottle. This is the T shaped variant of Eugene Adrien Mestre's French Patent No. 99986 granted October 14, 1874. To remove a cork, slide the curved end down the side of the cork then twist to grip the bottom of the cork while still in the bottle. "

CorkPuller.jpg

Upvote 0
Good ID! Looking at the beginning portion of the mark I’d guess may be EM, for Eugene Mestre. Then the B after was originally Bte (Brevete, abbreviated).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back