Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out with Vferrari, my buds Pete and Joe from NJ to what Hugh calls the "diggers amusement park" or some such thing.

The rain fortunately stopped early, and the ground was not muddy. It is very rocky. We have been over the place quite a few times. I let the guys go where they wanted and pointed out where some of the best stuff had been found in the past. Hugh has posted his finds. Joe got about a dozen minie balls and few other items. Pete got a musket ball, watch winder and some other items.

I tried the far side of the field. A Union rifleman's button came from that area in the past. There were a lot of modern bullets there but I did manage to pull out a few things.

Small Confederate style flower button, sharps bullet which I traded to Pete for his .69 Brown bess ball, the shocker of the day a block "I" Confederate button and what I think is a sling to a cavalry saddle rifle. 'Twas a lot of fun. The musket ball and a wadded up brass spoon are still in the car, with the quadzillion modern bullets we also found.
View attachment IMG_0908.jpgView attachment IMG_0909.jpgView attachment IMG_0910.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 27
Very nice Smokey. I like that Block I. That is one nice button.

Thank you both. This is the third one I have found. Ever.

very nice button. of course you know that you are spoiling Hugh at this spot. But what a way to spoil a friend! You rock Lady! Jerry

What an awesome grouping of CW finds! That "I" button is phenominal!!

Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

love that button, great digs!

Thanks. That's seven marked Confederate buttons in just over a year. Best year ever. They were found in three different states.

Very nice Smokey. Six hours of swinging and you got some really nice keepers. Congrats to you.

Thanks. I STILL haven't retrieve the other items from the truck - but I will! There are other places I could have gone to and brought back a wad of clad and maybe a silver coin or two - however - at $1.15 for a silver dime - or $150 for a button like this, do the math. I don't sell my stuff (except junk silvers), so I now have some cool boxes with relics by site in them.

I am liking that block I button. Well done as usual.

Very nice button! I don't believe I've ever found a confederate button.

Nice!

I DO BELIEVE THATS SOME NICE FINDS

Thanks. 2017 and 2018 were the year of the buttons. Before then, it was a long time since I had found a Confederate button, like about 28 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back