182.1 KB · Views: 284
  • dsc_0003 (2) (Large).jpg
    dsc_0003 (2) (Large).jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 273
Thats a sad sight wonder what it would cost to buy and transfer it 8) AA

buy it at scrape value
then leave the wheels ,axles and cradles for it
a flat bed ,a crane cost prolly about 4-5 g to do total

I remember as a boy seeing those guys waving at ya from the caboose and thought; "That's what I want to do when I grow up!". Such a shame to see them go by the wayside.

Love it, Ron. Just the other day on HGTV someone had a car in their yard converted to a guest house. Really neat.

;) RR

Thats cool!

I worked with a guy who has a caboose in his back yard, that he uses for his hobby shop.
He has it full of model trains.

There is an old 'dining' car in a local town, a school
child remarked about it in a field, how it would look good
fixed up, so the teacher did it, now it is a busy restaurant
in the town.

Fossis.................

I've often thought of having one in my yard also. I heard the biggest problem with converting one is that they contained a lot of asbestos that would need abating. Up in Homer, Alaska there is a seagoing tug that has been put on land and converted into a guest house that you can rent for vacations. It was just down the hill from the cabin we always rent. Got a pic of it somewhere

If I had it, I wouldn't change a thing... I love the old rust effect. Looks like there are hundreds of watercolor painting ideas in there just waiting to be pulled out!

Maybe Gypsy needs it to add to her shed????
That would make a great detecting club building!!!

We used to use a lot of steam engines and so on at one time, but sadly all gone.... but there are a couple of railway carriages now that have been turned into great resteraunts... so there is still hope for these old relics...

God bless
Peter

What an incredible place that would be if it was fixed up and put to use! would be a great lil mom and pop cafe! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back