Silver Washington from the school, 2 tiny silvers from the dried up swimming area

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went back to the K to 8 school to try and cleanup where the bleachers used to be. There were still a few parts not removed, but there was enough area open to detect that I had some decent luck. I did have to do a little cleanup first. The guys taking the old bleachers out dropped most of the nuts and bolts on the ground so I had to use a magnet to pick up most of them so they wouldn’t mask the smaller coins. I got a nice pot full as you can see.

IMG_8960.jpeg

I spent 5.5 hours with the CZ21 and found 115 coins with a face value of $10.10, a Darth Vader pin, a silver quarter, 3 wheaties (1944, 1940, 1952D), a Pepsi game tab, an R charm, a weird lead chunk, an old child’s chicken cookie cutter, a football spike, an ace bandage clip, the copper jacket from a bullet, cans slaw, tabs and foil.

DSCN3413.jpeg

DSCN3414.jpeg

I got around $7 in change under where the bleachers were. As I was getting ready to go out onto the field people came to line the field for the soccer league and I had to work around the edges. It worked out ok because that’s where I found the silver quarter. It is a decently worn 1944 that was down about 6 inches in the hard packed dry dirt. Unfortunately I did scratch his neck pretty good. The ground here is funny. Down about 3 to 4 inches the digging is great no problem. Below that the ground is so hard it is like digging in rock and that makes it more likely to strike the object you are digging.

DSCN3415.jpeg

The Pepsi game tab is a P and as always has a 904 on the other side. All Pepsi games have the 904 on them.

DSCN3417.jpeg

DAY 2
It has been so dry that the swimming areas are drying up. So I decided to see what was in the now dry sand that used to be underwater. There was more water than I thought there would be, but enough dry sand to make a decent hunt.

I spent 4 hour swingin the ATPro and found 11 coins with a face value of $0.31, some jewelry, a house key, 2 tabs, a pile of sinkers and lots of foil.

DSCN3418.jpeg

The pendant looks nice and I thought it might be silver, but if you look closely you can see copper shining through the plating. It might be worth a dollar at the yard sale. The only good jewelry was 2 silver earring backs. Momma kangaroo tried to make off with them, but I caught her before she got away.

DSCN3419.jpeg

DSCN3421.jpeg

Somebody broke their bead bracelet. I found it because of the metal heart and the tiny Madonna bead that were on the string.

DSCN3420.jpeg

NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found a dollar bill on the floor at the mall, 4 quarters in coin returns and a nickel and a penny on the pavement as I was getting out of my truck at the store.

DSCN3422.jpeg

The school has bee hives and the bees were enjoying the Queen Ann’s lace. Everything else is dried up and brown. Only a few flowering weeds remain and the bees are doing their best to get every last bit of pollen.

IMG_8957.jpeg

IMG_8953.jpeg

This was a short week for me. Doctors appointments and a yard sale limited my time. When I planned on going to a new permission I got rained out. (I can’t complain because we need rain desperately). Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and Amy your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 10

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back