Silver Sunday 😎 xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Today with more unseasonably cold weather we headed out to another pea field, research shows on the other side of the road, Bronze Age stuff has been found, but also on the other side of the road now lies Knipton reservoir which was built in the 1790s…. So again we were not sure if we would find anything but have eyed this field may times… 😎 xx

So first off the good news we arrived at the field at 9:50 …. I almost walked straight over to the bit of the field that contained the hammered 😂 I found it at 10:20! …… I found a few other bits and some Roman Greyware pottery, himself only found 2 items and one of those was a button! We spent most of the time digging shotgun cartridges….. but left my finds pouch in the truck, so can’t show the other bits, will collect it on Tuesday and post the other bits later in the week! It would seem this forgetfulness is contagious 🫣 xx

So you have extra Views to ease the disappointment xx

0E30E5DF-9471-4326-B964-ADF65DF7D1FE.jpeg
F2DD8546-F5D5-4C71-B29D-28F7EB6D3FDA.jpeg
IMG_3767.jpeg
IMG_3774.jpeg
IMG_3775.jpeg
IMG_3772.jpeg
IMG_3770.jpeg

Upvote 34
Well done on the silver blossom.
Needs a tad clean up.
700 yrs old-I guess it has the right to look dirty.

Was it a forgot, or was it hidden?
Stay tuned as the finds pouch saga gets sorted.

Well done on the silver blossom.
Needs a tad clean up.
700 yrs old-I guess it has the right to look dirty.

Was it a forgot, or was it hidden?
Stay tuned as the finds pouch saga gets sorted.
Thanks Peps!!! Unfortunately i had to rely on himselfs rubbish pics as was in the ‘hidden on purpose’ pouch 😂 😂😂 xx

Today with more unseasonably cold weather we headed out to another pea field, research shows on the other side of the road, Bronze Age stuff has been found, but also on the other side of the road now lies Knipton reservoir which was built in the 1790s…. So again we were not sure if we would find anything but have eyed this field may times… 😎 xx

So first off the good news we arrived at the field at 9:50 …. I almost walked straight over to the bit of the field that contained the hammered 😂 I found it at 10:20! …… I found a few other bits and some Roman Greyware pottery, himself only found 2 items and one of those was a button! We spent most of the time digging shotgun cartridges….. but left my finds pouch in the truck, so can’t show the other bits, will collect it on Tuesday and post the other bits later in the week! It would seem this forgetfulness is contagious 🫣 xx

View attachment 2158851View attachment 2158852View attachment 2158853View attachment 2158854View attachment 2158855View attachment 2158856View attachment 2158857
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

View attachment 2158851View attachment 2158852View attachment 2158853View attachment 2158854View attachment 2158855View attachment 2158856View attachment 2158857
Those fields look daunting...I would feel alittle overwhelmed and excited at the same time trying to detect there....look forward to seeing the other bits. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back