SILVER ROSETTE

41Digger

Mar 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying out some field area, that are now wooded, near the site where I got the watch winder. Did surprisingly well. The rosette came out first. Knew it was going to be pretty, but thought it was going to be plated... it is not, it is solid silver with the traditional lead back. Ended up with a few buttons a garter clip, and a kg3... I will definitely be going back
20240909_191217.jpg
20240909_191226.jpg
20240909_201901.jpg
20240909_201913.jpg

Upvote 34
the back is solder which contains tin that rots, not a pure lead.. the rosette is copper with a silver plating. the back of mine is very distressed.
Yeah, but what's that big red bulbous center?
Both gold-plated rosettes have it; your silver plated rosette does not.

I don't know where you're seeing a gold rosette , everything I see posted is copper with a silver plating and a solder
back.
the center of mine stands proud and is worn down to copper and has a brown patina caused by ground conditions.

I don't know where you're seeing a gold rosette , everything I see posted is copper with a silver plating and a solder
back.
the center of mine stands proud and is worn down to copper and has a brown patina caused by ground conditions.
Mine (post #9) is gold plated. IDK what the back is, but I can see now that the plating wore off the center; there's still a little gold around the edge.

Trying out some field area, that are now wooded, near the site where I got the watch winder. Did surprisingly well. The rosette came out first. Knew it was going to be pretty, but thought it was going to be plated... it is not, it is solid silver with the traditional lead back. Ended up with a few buttons a garter clip, and a kg3... I will definitely be going backView attachment 2167861View attachment 2167862View attachment 2167863View attachment 2167864
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back