fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know these finds don't fit the heading of this thread but I am not sure where else to put them.
I have been blessed, in my 50 years of detecting to find just about every denomination of US minted silver coins.All of the coins seen in the following pictures were found by me either in Maryland or Georgia. One exception is the twenty cent piece that was found by one of my brothers, most likely in Maryland or northern Virginia.
I think I have a representation of all the silver coin denominations and, while not shown, I also have variations of some of them. I have lined these up by coin size from the smallest to the largest.
If I have missed a silver denomination please let me know.
From left to right Trime, half dime, three cent nickel, dime, silver war nickel, twenty cent, quarter, half dollar and silver dollar
Silvers obverse.jpg
Silvers reverse.jpg

I know these finds don't fit the heading of this thread but I am not sure where else to put them.
I have been blessed, in my 50 years of detecting to find just about every denomination of US minted silver coins.All of the coins seen in the following pictures were found by me either in Maryland or Georgia. One exception is the twenty cent piece that was found by one of my brothers, most likely in Maryland or northern Virginia.
I think I have a representation of all the silver coin denominations and, while not shown, I also have variations of some of them. I have lined these up by coin size from the smallest to the largest.
From left to right Trime, half dime, three cent nickel, dime, silver war nickel, twenty cent, quarter, half dollar and silver dollar View attachment 2111374View attachment 2111375
Well done..Congratulations on your beautiful collection
Thanks for sharing your success with us

great coins and awesome finds. A dug 20 cent piece is certainly a rarity. Technically though, the 3-cent nickel isn't silver, but that one is in incredible condition for a dug one

From left to right Trime, half dime, three cent nickel, dime, silver war nickel, twenty cent, quarter, half dollar and silver dollar View attachment 2111374View attachment 2111375
Very Cool!!! Congrats !!!

Got any 40% silver half dollars? I dug one early in my tectin career in about 1985 and then one more just a couple of years ago.
Nice collection of keepers you got there.

Nice! Many of those are missing from my bucket. As mentioned, the 3 cent nickel has no silver at all. You could add a few others like a 40% Kennedy or a silver Ike, but, those are the same size as the others you have. Now you can start on the more obscure silver, such as the Hawaiian, Philippine, CSA coins, and Commemorative quarters. Good Luck!

Beautiful coins!

Got any 40% silver half dollars? I dug one early in my tectin career in about 1985 and then one more just a couple of years ago.
Nice collection of keepers you got there.
What years would those be?

Nice! Many of those are missing from my bucket. As mentioned, the 3 cent nickel has no silver at all. You could add a few others like a 40% Kennedy or a silver Ike, but, those are the same size as the others you have. Now you can start on the more obscure silver, such as the Hawaiian, Philippine, CSA coins, and Commemorative quarters. Good Luck!
I just found that out. It is a copper nickel alloy. I will take it out of this display and put it in one with other non silver US coins.

I know I have some coins from the Philippines, but I am not sure if there are any silver ones. I don't think I will ever find a Hawaiian or CSA silver. There is a possibility I might find a commemorative quarter.

Very nice! May I ask where you hunt? Not the specific locations, of course, but do you specialize in old home or farm sites? School yards? County fairs? Abandoned racetracks? Camp grounds or revival meeting sites?

Thank you!

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Very nice! May I ask where you hunt? Not the specific locations, of course, but do you specialize in old home or farm sites? School yards? County fairs? Abandoned racetracks? Camp grounds or revival meeting sites?

Thank you!

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo
When I was in Maryland, any where I could put a coil to the ground produced something. My home town of Hagerstown was either union or confederate camps for most of the war. Here in Georgia I do a lot of research during the summer months to find new sites to hunt. Mostly farms but, occasionally old yards.

If I get time this weekend I will look for different designs of these coins. I know there is only one style trime and The twenty cent piece would have different mint marks. But, having any twenty cent piece is pretty rare from what I have been told.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back