Silver Cache found

Sulphur Spring in Tampa. Cache was found on land within 50 feet of the main spring.

Man I use to swim in that spring in the mid 60's when I lived in North Tampa right off of Nebraska Ave.

It use to be a great swimming hole before they ruined it. If found within 50 feet of main spring I walk over it many times......We would swim from the spring out to the Hillsborough river...........

You ever hunt the old Tower Drive-in theater site?

SWR said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Man I use to swim in that spring in the mid 60's when I lived in North Tampa right off of Nebraska Ave.

It use to be a great swimming hole before they ruined it. If found within 50 feet of main spring I walk over it many times......We would swim from the spring out to the Hillsborough river...........

You ever hunt the old Tower Drive-in theater site?

Same here. We made the trek up from Hyde Park to enjoy the Springs, Arcade (now torn down) and then Ice Cream ( @ the bridge and sometimes Bo's)

Bo's, LOL use to take dates there.

Bo's is still there. Great place for ice cream.

The Tower Drive-in is now a city park. I hunted there about 3 months ago and found zilch. It has been hunted so much, it glows in the dark. lol.

The cache was found when the new concrete pool was being carved out. So it was somewhere where the current pool is.

TM

Wow great job!!! :thumbsup:

You think that the cache was stolen property hidden by some boys and then the location forgotten?

The sulfur as in "Sulfur Springs" would account for the bad corrosion on the silver. Sulfur will eat up silver really bad. I was born in St.Pete and live out in the county between Pinellas Park and Largo when I was growing up. Our well had what was called, and still is for that matter, sulfur water in it. Smelled like rotten eggs when you opened the tap. I just grew up with it and was used to it. Only noticed the smell when I came back home from boot camp.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back