Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All!

I had a heck of a hunt and ended up with two guns-one of which was still loaded after 150 years! Also picked up a silver sleeve link made from a half real and more! Please enjoy the video and photos.

006B35D0-BD8A-4BDE-A4A4-347B62819BF0.jpeg

9AB5B175-B069-486A-8943-6F2205704B8F.jpeg

6B5E5A00-5ADF-4D3E-BF55-A152E464634C.jpeg

00967A88-79C6-4441-AA92-4C75C68D030B.jpeg

Cheers,

Buck

Upvote 36
One very interesting aspect of your Louisiana finds is the high frequency of silver coins (including small denomination Spanish) to large cents. It is very insightful to understanding the robustness of the antebellum economy and the wealth of the plantations along with trade from the Mississippi River and port of New Orleans. I think the only place in America where there are similar circumstance and finds is the Chesapeake Bay area of Virginia.

Neat-o!

One very interesting aspect of your Louisiana finds is the high frequency of silver coins (including small denomination Spanish) to large cents. It is very insightful to understanding the robustness of the antebellum economy and the wealth of the plantations along with trade from the Mississippi River and port of New Orleans. I think the only place in America where there are similar circumstance and finds is the Chesapeake Bay area of Virginia.

Neat-o!
My friend, are you the original plehbah whom I remember from the old days at TNet? If so, it’s very good to see you!

Any idea what the gun is? It looks like a .50 cal pistol. Do you know the age, mfg or caliber? Amazing find, congratulations!
It is a .65 cal Belgian made boot pistol

Awesome as always BB!!! I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoy your post. Never know what you're gonna come up with next. GL&HH bud!!!! Congratz....

Awesome as always BB!!! I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoy your post. Never know what you're gonna come up with next. GL&HH bud!!!! Congratz....
Ty so much buddy! It’s great to hear from you!

Nice assortment of finds again, well done.
How many boot pistols have you found in total?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back