Silver and gold coin help!

L

luckyspade

Hi everyone, Like many of us in Pa. on these cold days I have been going thru old finds and sorting things out. Came across this old coin jewelry piece that I found a couple of years ago. I wanted to share it with you and also find out something about it. The first thing I need help with is the gold colored coin dated 1758. I do not have a clue where it is from. And also do you think the back is engraved to mean something. I must say that finding it again in my box was just as exciting as the first time. Thanks

Attachments

• Coin braclet 1758a.jpg
    Coin braclet 1758a.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 538
  • Coin braclet 1758.jpg
    Coin braclet 1758.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 531
The 1758 coin looks like a 1/4 gulden from one of the Netherlands states. Here's an example:
1:4 G-a.jpg

Upvote 0
Cool Love Token Bracelet

Upvote 0
Thanks P.B.K. I think you are right on the money, looks just like the one you posted. Is it gold?

Upvote 0
Great piece! I have to say that first. Second--and please do not take offense to this--I think it is extremely odd that the shield nickel didn't tarnish underground.

Buckleboy

Upvote 0
Buckleboy no offense taken. you are right it was not under the ground. It was found in a old farm house that I got permission to search before it was torn down. It was found behind a fireplace mantel. Good work and thanks for the compliment on the piece.

Upvote 0
stilllooking said:
Thanks P.B.K. I think you are right on the money, looks just like the one you posted. Is it gold?

No, silver. There is a similar gold coin, the 7 gulden; however, it has a 7 and G instead of the date on either side of the lion. (The date is above the crown on the gold coin.) Note that the inscriptions differ as well. Here's an example:

Attachments

• 7G.jpg
    7G.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 393
Upvote 0
Thanks Liquigirl. I am glad you like it. The engraving is really nice work, wish I had the skill to do it.

Upvote 0
1liquigirl said:
What a great looking bracelet. Will be nice to know if all of the coins/tokens are linked to a certain area or country.
I agree, a great looking love token bracelet and terrific find. They are probably all linked to the same family.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply! Again, I have to say that is an AWESOME bracelet!!!

Upvote 0
WoW! What a GREAT bracelet! :o

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back