Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Special day for this detectorist. 3 silvers and a gold is a great hunt for me, but throw in a rare slug and this yard was a "keeper" for sure.

10K gold ring with medical symbol known as "Rod of Asclepius". The gold held up but time took a toll on the stone. Repeatable "25" on the Legend and I was sure it was a nickel. Gotta dig those mid-tones.......

2 winged liberty dimes 36' and 45', a rosie 63'

a 1933 dog tag and then this little gem..........how bout a Confederate .44 cal slug. Shout out to TheCannonballGuy for the ID. Big time thanks.

I really love this hobby. Sincere appreciation to all the former, and current, detectorists out there that keep the reputation of our sport in high regard.

Thanks for peeking and the assist, you guys are tops in my book. HH

Attachments

• IMG_1901.JPG
    IMG_1901.JPG
    718.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1911.JPG
    IMG_1911.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1907.JPG
    IMG_1907.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1905.JPG
    IMG_1905.JPG
    788.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1904.JPG
    IMG_1904.JPG
    756.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1903.JPG
    IMG_1903.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1896.JPG
    IMG_1896.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1891.JPG
    IMG_1891.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1896.JPG
    IMG_1896.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1895.JPG
    IMG_1895.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1894.JPG
    IMG_1894.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1893.JPG
    IMG_1893.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1902.JPG
    IMG_1902.JPG
    670.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1899.JPG
    IMG_1899.JPG
    709.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1900.JPG
    IMG_1900.JPG
    693 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Upvote 23
Special day for this detectorist. 3 silvers and a gold is a great hunt for me, but throw in a rare slug and this yard was a "keeper" for sure.

10K gold ring with medical symbol known as "Rod of Asclepius". The gold held up but time took a toll on the stone. Repeatable "25" on the Legend and I was sure it was a nickel. Gotta dig those mid-tones.......

a 1933 dog tag and then this little gem..........how bout an 11mm round from 1860 Belgian Pinfire Revolver! May not ever swing over one of those again. Shout out to ToddsPoint for the ID. Big time thanks.

I really love this hobby. Sincere appreciation to all the former, and current, detectorists out there that keep the reputation of our sport in high regard.

Congratulations on a good day of swingin. Looking at the pictures of the Belgian pinfire rounds I believe your find is different. From what I have found your bullet is civil war era, but is a variety of standard colt pistol rounds. I’m no expert so I could be wrong, but to me the pictures of the 2 rounds don’t match.

Still a good hunt and lots of goodies to be happy with. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Well done on the silvers, and the dog tag.

Would that bullet be .44 Cal.? (civil war era)

Nice going thanks for sharing :)

Congratulations on a good day of swingin. Looking at the pictures of the Belgian pinfire rounds I believe your find is different. From what I have found your bullet is civil war era, but is a variety of standard colt pistol rounds. I’m no expert so I could be wrong, but to me the pictures of the 2 rounds don’t match.

Still a good hunt and lots of goodies to be happy with. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.
Thanks and you are right. Confederate .44 caliber slug.

Nice finds there "Hunk"! :laughing7:

a 1933 dog tag and then this little gem..........how bout a Confederate .44 cal slug. Shout out to TheCannonballGuy for the ID. Big time thanks.

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back