Should I be finding Gold

bigblock

Jan 8, 2011
NW GA.
??? Well it warmed up the other day enough for me to go panning at a stream close to home i am new to prospecting but i have been reading a lot of books,forums etc so as i am trying to read the stream i find an outcrop of bedrock in the stream that to me looks good so i start panning behind the rock down stream side and start finding lead bird shot so my question is if gold was in this stream should i have been finding any in relation to finding lead what do you think what would you do go deeper go somewhere else or what? your thoughts any ideas? Thanks

Upvote 0
Thanks for the link GG~ very good reading well made it back to the spot where i found the lead shot and panned several more pans and found one more shot and one very very small speck of gold and i mean small. Hope to go back tomorrow should be a lot warmer and I got to get the highbanker built.

I found lots of gold on the down side of boulders in rivers,I use a sucker tube and get down to bedrock if you can. Follow the bends in the river look where deposits are is a likly spot also.

If possible move that big rock and you may be surprised at what is under it... but it surely should have gold around it if there is any in the stream your in good luck and may your pan be golden

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back