Short hunt nets 5 silver

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
I guess the weather wasn't to bad (35 degrees with a stiff wind) but I had to get out of the house. I have been down in the back the last few days and it was starting to get to me. I drove up the HWY about 15 miles to a little burg and hunted the park. I have hunted there in the past and usually get silver. This park is loaded with trash (iron and pulltabs) and requires a very slow hunting style. I didn't do to bad for the time I hunted(1 1/2 hrs) I had 10 coins, 1904 V nickle- 1900, 1899 I.H.
1918-1919 wheats, 1917, 2,1938 Merks, and 1899, 1896-s Barber dimes.

"May there always be a road"

Les

Attachments

• MVC-019F.JPG
    MVC-019F.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,135
  • MVC-020F.JPG
    MVC-020F.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 1,128
Upvote 0
Congrats on a really nice day of silver!

It's funny how weather becomes a non-issue when you start finding good things :)

Take care!

watercolor said:
Congrats on a really nice day of silver!

It's funny how weather becomes a non-issue when you start finding good things :)

Take care!

That is s0-s0 true. Thanks

"May there always be a road"

Les

Wow, Les, that's the most productive 1.5 hours I've seen in a while.

Great digs!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Don't know how I missed this post the first time Les. Dang that's a great hunt. Amazing what you can pop out when you are forced to slow down and piddle through the iron :o
In a few months we are going to start thinking about the forest park road trip. Hopefully you can still locate the old productive spots you used to hit...so we can try and pluck some more deepies from there ;D
I only know the spots I was shown the few times I was there...but no way I could locate them again as I get turned all around each time I have went ::)

Les,
Great job on the silver and nice finds all around.
NJ

Glad you got out.
You found some nice coins in 90 min.
Tennessee Joe

SMS88 said:
Nice, Nice! The 1896 s is a semi key date by the way

Thanks for the reply. YES it is a semi key date. my red book lists at $40.00. I usually dig 1911 barbers for some reason. I can't count the number of them I have dug.

"may there always be a road"

Les

hey nice finds Les, those barber dimes sure are sweet, i still have never found one - soon, very soon

take care

vp
Bone Dry Detecting

Congrats on a great hunt diggerfororo, nice haul of silver, WTG.
Glenn

WTG on all that silver. You sure are tougher than me. It's cold out there today. I know it could not have been over 25 degrees. Brrrrr!!

Thanks guys and gals, for all the replies. I love to metal detect and see the "stuff come out of the ground-water. I have been diggin for over 40 years and sight of silver in the ground still gives me goose bumps. I get just about as much enjoyment seeing other hunters find good "stuff as finding it myself. This is a fantastic hobby. I wish all t-netters the best of luck in 08 and "may there always be a road."

Les

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back