Shooting at 1000yds this weekend.

I got 2nd place Saturday in my division, 5 points under 1st, and today, I didn't even stay to find out... The wind was so bad that while some guys were shooting, it was gusting to 25mph, and then an hour later, when the next group shot, it slowed way down...

Yesterday, I beat my dad by about 15 points with no wind. Today, he beat me by about 30 pts... I shot an 86 at 800yds, a 40 at 900yds, and a 44 at 1000yds... 170pts for today vs 246 yesterday. The match winner overall was the national champion who got a 277 yesterday. No idea what he got today...
Still darned good shooting . Doping wind can be a real problem at extended ranges . Who would think that air pressure could move a bullet as far as it does .

Great fun huh??I love shooting mine.....just hate cleaning the gun afterward!:laughing7:Boom.........................................................pick up binos............................look...............................................................gong!!!!!!
I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Hathcock,when I attended Sniper school,read every book about the man after that.....great human!

Great fun huh??I love shooting mine.....just hate cleaning the gun afterward!:laughing7:Boom.........................................................pick up binos............................look...............................................................gong!!!!!!
I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Hathcock,when I attended Sniper school,read every book about the man after that.....great human!
Missed meeting him . Had a one on one with Mr. Bill Jordan . He signed my copy of his first book in a private session . His work was often more 'up close and personal'.

Still darned good shooting . Doping wind can be a real problem at extended ranges . Who would think that air pressure could move a bullet as far as it does .

It does all right. Both ways sometimes; it's a real bear to figger.

But - it's fun to keep trying!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back