Shipwrecks in NC

OBX ā€œlocalā€ here. Our family has owned a home in Corolla since ā€˜78. The good ol days. I spend 30+ weekends down there a year, traveling from Corolla down to Hatteras. Cape Point , Oregon Inlet, changes daily. The sand is deep deep deep. No bedrock. Very gradual drop offshore. Many spots up and down the coast 3miles out is only 30ā€™ deep. That whole area contains many wrecks. Iā€™d love to chat with anyone that has been to the VA/NC border known as Corolla or Carova. This area is accessed by 4x4 only and where my vacation house is. Iā€™ve read a few reports of colonial coins found up there along with Indian artifacts.

Keg, how far is Hyannis, MA from you? I've got a friend there that finds amazing stuff around the cape.
Did I get back to you. I get lost on the threads I donā€™t go on much .
Yes a bunch of stuff on the cape message me and I ll send a couple pics but only one to the south of me

I reached out to my friend in Hyannis, Keg, but haven't heard back from him yet.

Reminds me of the pager days.... i have dove in after many a pager to only dry to nadda.
Skinning down the sides (gunwales) was almost always the culprit.

Phone is in dry box these days when on teh water.
No calls needed or wanted when out there.
Hi I saw tarpon springs and I started missing the sponge docks and shots of o so little shots of jet fuel lol lot of treasure stores around there

Reactions: ARC
Hi I saw tarpon springs and I started missing the sponge docks and shots of o so little shots of jet fuel lol lot of treasure stores around there
Lots of liquid in my area for sure. heh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back