Shipwreck museum for sale in Cornwall, UK...

Its quite extensive business operation as you can see below.

Shipwreck Museum

Crow
It is a fabulous museum with artifacts and treasures from so many wrecks around the world (including 1715 Fleet items!)… wish I had the cash… I’d buy it😂 I spent a day looking through everything there and still wanted more time in that place!

Museum for sale... containing valuable shipwreck artifacts... what is the world coming to?
Sadly the world is changing. I am an old dinosaur but having had multiple business I know exactly why this had come about.

Changing demographic and generational attitudes and outside economic forces at present as the world is trying decouple from globalization. in the UK their economy is bleak. They like Australia changed 40 years ago from a industrialized economy to service based economy. Now A1 is beginning to eat away at once secure service jobs

Falling GDP And discretionary spending is falling due to cost of living pressures. Rent, housing costs energy food acerbated by corporate price gouging. The cost of insurance and red tape regulation compliance costs are strangling the life out such enterprises. Same for restaurants and cafes and now even fast food chains.

While in general it is us the cashed up baby boomers that are propping up domestic economy around the world. Baby boomers are at the peak will be transiting into nursing homes and spike of cashed up baby boomers are declining.

Globalization made a few extremely wealthy but at cost of the destruction of the middle classes with many unable to afford to retire as they are still carrying debt..

The next generations too are are also carrying too much debt. So for them paying to visiting museum is a low priority when your struggling to pay, rent mortgage, health care, education, and putting food on the table when you work is becoming more casual.

Add that and the vicious cycle of inflation you can begin to see why private museums need to make a profit. Government funded museums can be propped up by the tax payer. Private museums need to make a profit or close.

The ugly reality is that the vast majority have zero interest in maritime museums and its significance on where we are as society today.

With the museum in question. it was not the museum that was making the money. it was the attraction that brought people there to dine at the restaurant and Cafe. Since cost of living pressure are hitting the UK domestic economy hard. This why the owner seen plus their age deemed it was time to sell.

Crow

Last edited:
Well sIaid.

I have been in treasure hunting ever since "young and foolish enough" to try getting into acting in CA. It started out ok, got 2 diplomas (modeling for men, TV commercials). The 2nd required to qualify for 1987 Universal Studios "Hello Hollywood" 4-day event. I'll cut it off there unless anyone insists on more or photos from my trip to LA. It could have worked out if the 1990-91 Desert Storm War had never happened.

Each shipwreck has a story.
Each shipwreck artifact has a story.
Each crew member, passenger, survivor or victim of a wrecked ship has a story.

A museum is an attempt to tell these stories.

But, who is interested in these stories nowadays?

People live in a fantasy world. People prefer a fantasy world, not reality.

I have been in treasure hunting ever since "young and foolish enough" to try getting into acting in CA. It started out ok, got 2 diplomas (modeling for men, TV commercials). The 2nd required to qualify for 1987 Universal Studios "Hello Hollywood" 4-day event. I'll cut it off there unless anyone insists on more or photos from my trip to LA. It could have worked out if the 1990-91 Desert Storm War had never happened.
Hello Red Desert.

Ya must of been a looker in your younger days? I was the opposite I hit every branch on the way down when I fell out of the ugly tree. :laughing7::dontknow::tongue3::laughing7::tongue3::laughing7:

Crow

Later on, I left my job and stayed with 2nd cousin in Upland a part of east LA. Then had to work a night shift job there in Rancho Cucamonga (not sure anymore if this is spelled correctly). I was stuck down in LA area and finally got a telephone call from one person.

At every private or semi-private session, he wrote on the back of a photo business card. Still have 2 of those I could show you, don't have time at the moment. The 1987 event which started everything, have prints could be scanned also.

Hello Red Desert.

Ya must of been a looker in your younger days? I was the opposite I hit every branch on the way down when I fell out of the ugly tree. :laughing7::dontknow::tongue3::laughing7::tongue3::laughing7:

I don't know about then, let's try about age 55 after getting my Canon Rebel XT1 DSLR camera.

frntr2Xsml.jpg

frntr1X-profile.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, one is too red and the other light... because the better larger files did not upload for me right now.

Not a real gun only antique toy, shot cork balls using a cap on hammer.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back