northeast indiana
Detector(s) used
MP-5 Pro

Attachments

• s.JPG
    s.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 378
Upvote 0
I was thinking Palmer as well before I even read Dork's response. Hey Dorkfish, show us your Palmers. I know you have some killers.
Chuck

Amazing collection, as always Steve. There's Palmers here in NC but unfortunatly I'm yet to find one.

Molly. :)

Thanks for the input all.

I concur with Doug. I see one that
resembles ie right corner of Dorkfish's display.
I do not think it is a Palmer they are upper corner
nothed and straight to convex sides shoulder are
barbed. Nice pictures!

Thanks,
Bruce

bruce said:
Thanks for the input all.

I concur with Doug. I see one that
resembles ie right corner of Dorkfish's display.
I do not think it is a Palmer they are upper corner
nothed and straight to convex sides shoulder are
barbed. Nice pictures!

Thanks,
Bruce

Yeah, I would'nt call it a Palmer by no means with those square notches. BTW, some nice Palmers posted on here though :thumbsup:

So if you don't believe it's a Palmer then what would you consider it to be. A Robinson, Newton Falls, or a Big Sandy that just happens to be serrated. Just curious on your opinion.

GL said:
Thats what I thought this was.

GL, I can assure you, that point is a Rowan,its nothing like a Palmer. I would put $50 on it..Just ashame its broke. still a nice find hon..

Molly. :thumbsup:

DorkFish said:
So if you don't believe it's a Palmer then what would you consider it to be. A Robinson, Newton Falls, or a Big Sandy that just happens to be serrated. Just curious on your opinion.

Dork, I honestly don't know what name I would put on it, like I mentioned before I'm not a big fan of putting a particular name on a point. But if I was to label this point I would call it a late Archaic serrated side notch plain and simple. The notching on this point is nothing close to the basel notching found on true Palmers. Just because it's serrated does'nt make it a Palmer, just my 2 cents worth.

I see what you mean about it not being a Palmer, per se, but it is in the same classification/time period as the Palmers and I'm sure related some how. Like you said, for generic terms it's just an Archaic Serrated Side Notch Point and a very nice one at that.

Thank you Dorkfish,

Say you are kind, thanks for being there.
Serrated projectiles I only have a few. Learning as I go.

Bruce

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back