SEF 10x12 vs oem Whites 8x10dd & D2

Yellowhouse

Jun 24, 2009
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Prizm IV; MXT; Ace 250
SEF 10x12 vs oem Whites 8x10dd & D2

Thinking about a SEF 10x12 for my MXT. I've searched on other forums for info but get a lot of stick with Whites responses that seem a bit biased maybe.

So does the SEF have problems & prone to failure?

I would imagine the whites I mentioned above would be okay but I don't like solid coils....always have had a devil of a time pinpointing them. The D2 is an unknown to me. :icon_scratch:

Have the stock 950 and 4x6 dd shooter already.

Appreciate any input from MXT, M6, DFX users or anyone that has had an actual problem with the SEF :help:

Re: SEF 10x12 vs oem Whites 8x10dd & D2

I didn't like my after market coil and water got in the cable connection from dew on the grass. It might be ok to use in dry climates, but I won't recommend them. There is a reason why others don't use anything but oem.

Pinpointing is easier when you practice doing it off the tip or heel of the coil like Minelab users discovered on the DD coils.

Re: SEF 10x12 vs oem Whites 8x10dd & D2

I've found the D2 or 10"DD coil same thing, is awesome on the MXT, its my favorite coil for finding the deep coins. The D2 will hit on dimes at 10"+, some say it seems to be made for the MXT and its like an MXT on steroids with the D2 coil, I can see why they say this. I've bought another one as a back up so I won't be without one, it separates pretty good and depth is great, I hate to use another coil as I'm afraid that I'll miss some deep coins. The other DD coils won't get you as deep and the concentric coils won't separate as good. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back