see picture and how do i find out what it is

R

ranger ricky

i found this nugget about 3 to4 inches deep at the edge of a large lake, the location is most frequented by house boaters the shore line isnt accesible except by boat.

it weighs 7.3 grams, it has a silver shine to it, i tried cleaning it with tooth paste and tooth brush seems to lite to be lead...

so what would u do to determine the material

sorry i cant seem to figure out how to get the 128 kb out of my camera

I'm not sure how you guys are attempting to post images to the forum; however, maybe you should take a look at http://www.imageshack.us. There you won't have any of this 128k size requirments everyone is talking about since you have up to a 1 mb per image limit, and you don't need an account to host photos there. Just browse plug in the location of the image on your local comptuer. There site handily outputs an image link which you can use on this forum. Just cut and paste.

Upvote 0
histoplasmosis said:
I'm not sure how you guys are attempting to post images to the forum; however, maybe you should take a look at http://www.imageshack.us. There you won't have any of this 128k size requirments everyone is talking about since you have up to a 1 mb per image limit, and you don't need an account to host photos there. Just browse plug in the location of the image on your local comptuer. There site handily outputs an image link which you can use on this forum. Just cut and paste.
e-mail the image to yourself,add to favorites,put it in "my documents",put a name on it.Then hit the browse button at the bottom of the post reply page.
ranger ricky said:
i found this nugget about 3 to4 inches deep at the edge of a large lake, the location is most frequented by house boaters the shore line isnt accesible except by boat.

it weighs 7.3 grams, it has a silver shine to it, i tried cleaning it with tooth paste and tooth brush seems to lite to be lead...

so what would u do to determine the material

sorry i cant seem to figure out how to get the 128 kb out of my camera
Lets get that pic.,eh?

Upvote 0
OK Ranger Ricky. I've been checking back here for a few days and can't wait any longer to see your ingot. Is it convex in shape with a flat side? The reason I ask is that as a teenager and a frequent participant in the local "woodsies", we Colorado teens used to consume ungodly amounts of beer. In order to deal with all the scrap aluminum, we'd stick a 3# coffee can in a hot spot in the fire ring. The steel can would glow red and any beer cans you set in it would melt down in 15 seconds or so. The result was a shiny little ingot about the size of a nickel for a case of tall cans. Don't know if this is what you found, but if there were any fire rings nearby or if the ingot seems a little lighter than it should be, chances are....~CO2

Upvote 0
Hi,first post been just lurking in the shadows for about a week ;D lol I like that little icon anyway I got a md about a week ago,there's a creek just down the road from me that I've been Md ing found a bunch of melted material in a gravel bar that looks like aluminium or magnisium not sure thought it might be slag off a smelter :P I wish any input would be helpful, will post pics.

Upvote 0
If you can't figure out how to resize the image try this out.

1. Just go to http://www.imageshack.us and click on the "browse" button.

2. Then select the location of the picture on your computer and click on "OK"

3. Then just click the "Host it" button on the webpage and it will provide you with a link which you can just copy and paste in your reply.
Copy = Ctrl+C
Paste = Ctrl+V
Or just highlight the link they provide and "right click" select "copy" from the drop down. Then go to your reply and "right click" and select "paste" from the drop down menu.

You can upload any format of image and even flash files or .swf up to 1024kb in size, yes thats 1 Megabyte.

If that sounds to crazy to do then you can try to download Fast Stone image resizer its a free program for resizing, rotating, and editing images. The best part is no adware and its only about 1mb in size so its a quick download. You can get it here http://software-files.download.com/software/10349167/10319476/3/FSResizerSetup.exe.

Upvote 0
Hey Rick. Here's a thought. Go to the preference screen on your camera. There are generally three quality settings, for instance good-better-best. Reducing the quality of the pic reduces the file size. Hope this helps~CO2

Upvote 0
I M not sure why my response didnt get posted but I showed the nugget to a person who had no idea where i got it or how, he said it was slag, which makes sense, its where the houseboat tie up and most are alum. hulls now but a jewler has it now to confirm for me,

my camera doesnt let me use less quality and I save it to my doc. and tried to get it from there but ill try again tonight

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back