Seateds, Spanish, Weird Silver, and a BIG TWO REALES!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

We went out for a three day digging marathon before the rains threatened to wash us all away here in LA. Here's the amazing video:

The first day things were slow, and I got some junk and a few buttons, none of which turned out to be anything. Then I got a decent beep and was thinking just another pack rivet. Turned out to be a worn, dateless half real! LOVE that 1700s silver no matter what condition it's in!

IMG_9043.JPEG

Later on I got another decent signal in the swarm of iron nails and saw a silver reeded edge!

IMG_9047.JPEG

Turned out to be one of the nicest condition half dimes I've dug! 1854!

Also nabbed a cuff-sized Civil War eagle button. Great to find those, as I haven't dug as many cuffs as coats over the years. This one was washed out laying right on top!

IMG_9069.jpeg

Also got a couple shield nickles in the iron patch. Here's one:

IMG_9068.jpeg

Then I dug a 1786 Half Real right at the closing bell! Shang was about to leave! Great to see ANOTHER one!!

IMG_9090.JPEG

Then of course, as it ALWAYS does in Louisiana, it rained. :BangHead:

So we got out in the mud and dug more! :laughing7: Here's a cool, muddy, misty panorama.

IMG_9268.jpg

Saw some spider webs with dew:

IMG_9265.JPEG

Well the finds of the day were silver! One was a great colonial silver shoe buckle fragment Shang dug! The other was a mystery silver coin. Sounded like a dime on the F75 but looked like nothing I'd ever seen! Turns out it was an 1898 Hong Kong silver dime. :icon_scratch: I would LOVE to know how a coin minted in London then shipped to Hong Kong came to rest in a Louisiana sugarcane field!

IMG_9274.JPEG

By Day 3 the mud had dried up for the most part in one of our sites so we got to it. Well, the day started off with a BANG! I dug ANOTHER half real--an 1819 Ferdinand! Decent shape on this little coin, and even though it's not technically colonial, I ain't complaining!

IMG_9292.JPEG IMG_9293.JPEG

Then shangalang dug a cannonball fragment, nice large chunk, and lo and behold he starts yelling in the field like he's got a swarm of bees after him. Turns out it's a BIG silver edge poking out of a big dirt clod:

IMG_9295.JPEG 212_1672.JPG

We got the camera rolling and he pulled out a BIG FAT CAP AND RAYS TWO REALES!!!

IMG_9296.JPEG IMG_9298.JPEG

You're gonna have to see this coin up close in HIS post, because he's posting it separately--which a great find like this deserves!

Here are my digs for the marathon:

IMG_2011.JPG IMG_2012.JPG

IMG_2009.JPG IMG_2010.JPG

IMG_2015.JPG IMG_2016.JPG

IMG_2017.JPG IMG_2018.JPG

IMG_2021.JPG IMG_2022.JPG

IMG_2019.JPG IMG_2020.JPG

IMG_2007ROTATED.jpg IMG_2013.JPG IMG_2023.JPG

Hope y'all are able to get out and dig! We just had a boatload of rain here, so our plans are "stuck" for now! :laughing9:

Cheers,

Buck

Upvote 29

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back