Seated Liberty Love Token!! My First

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I got permission from a lady I work with to detect at her ranch where she is getting ready to build a house. There is a stone foundation and celler dating to about 1850 her father burnt the old house down in 1950 because of vandalism. Anyhow I went out for a couple of hours last night after work. Pulled out alot of junk but also got this Seated Liberty Quarter-Dime Love token I have never seen one put together as a button and would like the groups input on this. Were they common as buttons? The ones I've seen have always been just a token or had a hole for a chain. I gave it to the landowner and they took it apart last night showing an 1876 Seated Liberty Quarter and an 1863 Seated Liberty Dime. Can't wait to go back!!

Attachments

• lovetoken.jpg
    lovetoken.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,376
  • lovetokeninside.jpg
    lovetokeninside.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,389
Upvote 0
That is really cool!!!!!....How could you forget this one...Nice find!!!

The inscription has wonderful detail. If I'm not mistaken, it seems to say WTG.

So... Way To Go!

That's also a great story to tell the next folks you hand a relic over to. Lesson learned.

Ridley

Cool find. I understand about land owners, one time I found an item and while the land owner was checking it out, he pulles out a pocket knife and began to scape it to see what it was made of.

great recovery

much care was taken into making those.
hh
slim

Thanks Mountainman for posting the picture and for everyones comment. Even though I didn't get to keep it. I will always remember it for one of my favorite and unique finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back