Seated Liberty Love Token!! My First

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I got permission from a lady I work with to detect at her ranch where she is getting ready to build a house. There is a stone foundation and celler dating to about 1850 her father burnt the old house down in 1950 because of vandalism. Anyhow I went out for a couple of hours last night after work. Pulled out alot of junk but also got this Seated Liberty Quarter-Dime Love token I have never seen one put together as a button and would like the groups input on this. Were they common as buttons? The ones I've seen have always been just a token or had a hole for a chain. I gave it to the landowner and they took it apart last night showing an 1876 Seated Liberty Quarter and an 1863 Seated Liberty Dime. Can't wait to go back!!

Attachments

• lovetoken.jpg
    lovetoken.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,376
  • lovetokeninside.jpg
    lovetokeninside.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,389
Upvote 0
thats a cuff link/high collar button not a love token :-X
its ruined now since you let them cut it apart
just my opinion :-\

Cool find...I;ve never seen one like that either, why'd they take it apart??

Very interesting! I have seen them as love tokens but never both! Thats a first for me...........mabe they could have been connected to a ring of some sort or a pendant to ware around your neck! Just ideas..............WTG :o

WOW COOL FIND

We all make mistakes at times but very cool find...Find the other one an keep it

That's a great find but in the future try to encourage them not to take these things apart.

That's a great hunting spot there. Could even be a gold item or two there.

Badger

WoW! 8) Very nice!

Nana :)

I didn't LET anyone take it apart. I gave it to the landowners and that is what they did with it. They brought it to me the next day. I imagine a jewler could solder it back together if needed.

I was wondering if Baron Von De Kalb had a picture of a high cuff link made out of coins. I would love to see another example of this type of find.

kg6yll. Congrats on the find! And good job sharing with the homeowner. It's got to be hard to part with such a sweet find, but it's the right thing to do sometimes. I think that gesture, helps more than can be measured... hopefully they'll show others, who will ask you to come to their place as well.

Postalrevnant said:
Kg6yll welcome to the forum. Very interesting finds. Have not seen that before either.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

LUCKY DOG! :D

better than me... I haven't seen any Seated Coin come out of the ground with me standing over it! I ain't found a one yet!

Nice finds !

i think its totally awesome !!!!!!!!!! get it put back together or not,,, major score dude !!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Those are 2 nice finds. To bad about the damages. Most are just holed at the top like you said.

Your a real nice guy to hand them over also. I bet there is more.

HH Jer

incredible find! i would look into having a jeweler repair it if it were mine. great thing to find! :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back