Season 11

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary always finds cool stuff, and I don't doubt that he'll eventually find something considered treasure.
He hasn't found anything that has any monetary value so far (More the $100). The amount of hours he has been detecting that island has not shown up anything that cannot be explained by people just living and visiting OI for at least a couple of hundred years.

I am a fan of Aussie Gold Hunters and the people detecting on that find heaps of gold with a lot less time spent looking.

At some point one would think the Laginas will just have to accept that there is nothing of value to be found on the island.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
He hasn't found anything that has any monetary value so far (More the $100). The amount of hours he has been detecting that island has not shown up anything that cannot be explained by people just living and visiting OI for at least a couple of hundred years.

I am a fan of Aussie Gold Hunters and the people detecting on that find heaps of gold with a lot less time spent looking.

At some point one would think the Laginas will just have to accept that there is nothing of value to be found on the island.
They are finding something of value, “a paycheck” for each episode.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny. For all the haters out there. This guy is doing what you do for free or as a hobby and getting a solid check, celebrity status, and basically unlimited permissions. He is the only one finding something on that island as well.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
It is what it is. A TV show built on ratings. Like Monster Quest, etc.
Don’t you suppose they do whatever they can to keep their ratings up?
It’s no more reality TV than I Dream of Jeanie. IMO.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is what it is. A TV show built on ratings. Like Monster Quest, etc.
Don’t you suppose they do whatever they can to keep their ratings up?
It’s no more reality TV than I Dream of Jeanie. IMO.
Now these 2 had my attention for a few yrs growing up.
I can add both were more believable that this Oak Island fairy tale.
Screen Shot 2023-12-01 at 1.24.32 PM.png

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Remember Who Jovan Hutton Pulitzer who was on the first season and why he was kicked off
Pulitzers claim to fame was in the late 80's, early 90's. He was a software designer. He has written many books on treasure legends but they all only consist of story. His only real achievement is when in he hacked into the election while sitting in the Georgia Senate during the election integrity hearings where Democrats were saying that our elections were not on line. I watched that, and he did...

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His only real achievement is when in he hacked into the election while sitting in the Georgia Senate during the election integrity hearings where Democrats were saying that our elections were not on line. I watched that, and he did...

Like all great necromancers, he is great at spinning stories such as this and expanding the Oak Island tales.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Like all great necromancers, he is great at spinning stories such as this and expanding the Oak Island ta

Like all great necromancers, he is great at spinning stories such as this and expanding the Oak Island tales.
Not sure who you are referring to, Pulitzer or myself. But since you have brought up the Dark Arts of the Middle ages, which by the way I have no idea why. Ask yourself why all the video's and Twitter post have been removed on this very subject? One of the rules of battle is never interfere when an enemy is destroying themselves. It has been called "Misinformation" but never challenged. A good debate has both sides, but this is just shut down. Necromancy is the art of conjuring the dead, but this was never dead, just buried alive.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Men's greed has distorted the truth and the facts of Oak Island over the years. The Lagina brothers could have bought a half dozen metal detectors and canvased the whole island by now. But yet the true markers that were left have been moved by greed. The stones are the key, The Westford Boat Stone, The Overton Stone, The Norumbega Vinland Stone, The "G" Stone, the Survey stones...ect...

Last edited:

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
That show is the biggest nothingburger of all
They are playing it for all it's worth... if I had to say when the actual find happens they will be just on the north side of the cave in pit where the "G" stone originally sat. Even Marty Lagina said he was done with that area, "Well For Now".

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where’s GoDeep? This is his kind of thread.

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stones are the key.. The "G" Stone, the Survey stones...etc...
I have to agree, though I was under the impression that Dan Blankenship found the 'G' Stone at the south of the Cave-In Shaft excavation.

In any event, many people seem unprepared even to contemplate that the deposit may not have been in the Money Pit or that the ground markers (stones, stone triangles etc.) might play a part in its recovery.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While it’s a little hokey. I think if it was there Zena’s map is based on some fact. There was a way to get to the loot without having to go into the pit itself. There was a side entrance of some sort.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
I don't even care about the great big holes in the ground, but I do enjoy the detecting parts of the show. Gary always finds cool stuff, and I don't doubt that he'll eventually find something considered treasure. I would absolutely have a blast detecting that island, and would be proudly posting alot of those finds right here. From what I've seen of Gary swinging and digging, I would say that the majority of us would be more than happy with some of the finds he's made for the laginas. I find myself watching just to see what cool finds Gary will make. I believe that he has extended the shows life by 4 seasons at the least. He seems to be carrying the show, as his finds are often the only thing of interest, and used to push the narrative forward. It's becoming the Gary Drayton detecting show on oak island !! They should just make every episode about metal detecting the island !! Thats what it has become anyway.....the entire show hinging on Gary latest find !!
its sad that all the holes look pre dug. iam a fan of the show,but i did see this.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
I have to agree, though I was under the impression that Dan Blankenship found the 'G' Stone at the south of the Cave-In Shaft excavation.

In any event, many people seem unprepared even to contemplate that the deposit may not have been in the Money Pit or that the ground markers (stones, stone triangles etc.) might play a part in its recovery.
Blankenship wasn't for sure where he unearthed it. They were excavating the road to Smiths cove which was and is on the north side of the Cave-in Pit. People believed that the Money Pit was the location but why, there was no access between the wooden timbers from one level to another.

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week the good stuff begins. Dumas is working 6 hours / day of pumping to clear the water from the Garden Shaft. Report from the muon detector - a high density anomaly to the southwest of the garden shaft at 230 feet. Aladdin's cave has been imaged by muon tomography.

I'm skeptical that anyone would have gone as deep as 230 feet in the past.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm skeptical that anyone would have gone as deep as 230 feet in the past.
That's kinda the problem with the whole legend, IMO. When they buried treasure back then, it was for safe keeping. They intended to return and dig it back up. So it doesn't make sense to put it so deep that even with modern machinery and high volume pumps, you still can't get at it. All they had back then were lots of guys with shovels and buckets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• gjb