Season 11

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So in the season finale they didn't indicate that they're giving up next year; they intend to honeycomb drill a new zone near the garden shaft and baby blob.

IMO the Garden Shaft is permanently dead because of flooding. I wonder if the plan of a giant pit could have succeeded if they had use the frozen earth method? But then would the salt water still have flooded it because of the lower freezing point?

TruthbeTold

Aug 16, 2023
Hasn’t a giant pit dig been done before by Dunfield?

IMG_0730.jpeg

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish they'd explain why they don't do certain things like atleast take 1 scoop out from under the big rock they picked up instead of having Marty get in there and fish around in the water to see if he finds anything. That was stupid in my opinion. They didn't even have the guy that knows about dirt take a look in there to try to determine how long the rock has been there based on the soil under and around it. I know just about every where on the island they have to have permits and or archeologists right there which is fine just let us know your waiting on permit etc. They keep talking about the swamp and every year they drain it, so go on and dredge it all out and see if anything is there. They keep tip toeing around actually doing a big dig there for some reason, yet talk about it a few times a year..

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped watching many years ago, so I'm in the dark on this one. If The Money Pit is where the money was hidden, why are they digging all over the island now? Doesn't make sense to me, unless it's just a way to avoid the inevitable fact that there's no treasure to be found...

Erndog72

Oct 14, 2023
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
One nice thing about the program is that you can skip all of the episodes until the last one, since they are each 95%+ rehashes of previous episodes. They could probably fit a lot more new material (if they had any) into an episode if they had a narrator that doesn't talk like William Shattner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread