Sea Hunter Mark 2 first time out

salty dog

Aug 10, 2005
Southern Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Pro Pointer
My first time out with my Sea Hunter Mark 2 was on a beach in North Carolina a couple of weeks ago.
I was only on the beach for a couple of hours and found quite a few coins, but no jewelry. One of the coins was a 1957 wheat penny. I was surprised to find it.
I was really impressed with the Sea Hunter. It was really good on deep objects. Most of the coins I believe were probably from last year by the way they looked.
I did pick up a lot of iron, bobby pins, small pieces of wire, etc. I was impressed with the way it picked up small objects.
I didn't get to use the discriminate mode because the beach was really clean. In 2 hours I only picked up 1 pull tab.
With the threshold set at a low hum I didn't have any chatter. Really smooth.
So far I'm really happy with the machine.
I didn't get to get in the water. It was rough and still cold (well too cold for Me).
The next time I get to the beach I hope to stay a lot longer. I had a great time.

Sounds like you had a good day. I just got my sea Hunter and will hit the beach this weekend. Water temp is in the 70's here on the Gulf Coast. Will let you know what I find on my first outing.

Mike

Bobby pins and pieces of wire give a double bleep. You will soon recognize it and ithat will allow you to leave some of the junk in the ground. Glad you liked it. It is very deep too. Sounds like you did real well on your first hunt!

Thanks CGMaddog and John-Edmonton.
Let me know how you do CGMaddog and I will post my next find. I will hit the water next time. Real soon I hope!

Finally got out yesterday for my inaugural hunt with the Sea Hunter. I was disappointed with the finds not the machine. I found 1 QTR, 1 Penny, 1 chair rivet, and 2 bottle caps. The water was a little rough and chased me out. May be this weekend the weather will cooperate. I liked the way the sea hunter went from beach to wet sand to water smooth and no false signals.

Mike

Hey CGMaddog,
I'm like you, I really like the machine. I think the more we use it the better we'll get with it.
I hope to get out this week end too.
If I do I'll post my finds.

Good Hunting,
Robert

Robert where you located? I am in S AL and hunt gulf shores Orange beach

Mike

Hi CGMaddog,
I'm in Hattiesburg, MS. I get down to the coast every now and then.
I've been thinking about making a trip down to orange beach sometime. If I do I'll let you know and maybe we can do some detecting together.
I'll keep you posted.

Robert

Let me know.Would love to join you on the beach either here or MS. I decided to wait until Tuesday morning to hunt the beach this week. Hope everyone takes there time and loses lots of gold!!!

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back