Scuba bottles

wilkere

Sep 11, 2007
Jacksonville N.C.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Silver Sabre
Getting ready for scuba season had me and MegHead jumping in the river in search of bottles and whatever else might be lying down there. We wanted to check out our dive equipment before making any long distance or costly excursions off shore in search of Megalodon shark teeth. The weather conditions were crappy with storms in the forecast and a strong wind blowing across the intercoastal.

DSC00897.JPG
After sorting out some problems with MegHead’s divelight we hit the water which was pretty warm which means lots of plankton. As you hit the bottom blackout conditions prevailed in a slit could but I backed out into deeper water and had a good 5 inch vis going on. I fan the bottom and started sorting through all the shells, rocks, brick, and broken glass hoping to find a complete soda, medicine or beer bottle.
DSC00898.JPG
After putting a few in the bag and sucking down 1500 psi of air I decide to surface to throw a big English ballast stone on the dock, and there is MegHead lying there. He’s had enough of the low vis and probably me fanning towards were he was set up to call it a day. I wonder how he’s going to handle the Meherrin river in North Carolina when we head there next month looking for Red tinted Megalodon’s on the bottom of that dark and nasty river.
Semper FI Bob
http://www.okinawarelics.com

DSC00899.JPG

Upvote 0
What are the brass thingys with the bright green tops on them, on the grey bin next to your tank? They look like shotshells to me........NGE

nowgittineverything said:
What are the brass thingys with the bright green tops on them, on the grey bin next to your tank? They look like shotshells to me........NGE

Looks like he's diving in saltwater, maybe 12 gauge shot shells for the bang stick he carries.
Dang sharks.... cool bottles.

nowgittineverything said:
Oh, those were his batteries. He changed the things out about 25 times trying to get the light to work. It's a crappy day when you travel for hours or pay 100's of dollars for a dive then something doesn't work. Got to make sure the stuff in good shape before heading to more challenging and dangerous waters where the pickings are better! :wink:

Semper Fi,
Bob
http://www.okinawarelics.com P.S. click a ad :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back