Score?

Kevo_DFX

Sep 5, 2008
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
So, I'll preface this by saying i don't collect paper money at all, other than tho pull silver certificates out of circulation and bring home some bills from my overseas trips.

However,

A friend who is a teller called me and said she had someone bring in 5k in bills that were between 1928 and the 1960's. She asked me if I wanted them.

The only thing she could tell me is that she didn't notice any weird colored seals, only the green variety. There are 5's, tens, 20's, 50's, and 100's.

What should i look for when trying to determine worth?

Thanks for any tips.

Kevo

This would be a huge score to anyone who collects paper money.
Firstly, ask if any are star notes, or replacement notes, for they usually have more value than others.
I would try to get anything, especially $5s, from 1928-1950. If you have a spending limit, go for 1928 - $5, $20, $50, and $100s. $10's seem to be more common, considering I have 5, compared to other denominations.
I would say the value would vary depending on condition, series/year, denomination and how many were printed. 1928-1934 would likely bring in more money than others.

If you wanted to keep any from going back out into circulation that you were not interested in, I would be interested in some. We could work out a plan.

Just my two cents...
Good luck with your score!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back