Scientists discover unexpected process that can turn quartz into huge gold nuggets

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting article, but the headline is inaccurate. They aren't turning quartz into gold at all. They're attempting to explain why gold is found in cracks in quartz. Like most things in geology, it comes down to heat and pressure.

Yeah if they can produce gold from scratch it might become worthless, just like it did in this episode of the twilight zone. where this poor old fella uses time travel in order to take gold from his time into the future thinking it'll be worth so much more.

Yeah if they can produce gold from scratch it might become worthless, just like it did in this episode of the twilight zone. where this poor old fella uses time travel in order to take gold from his time into the future thinking it'll be worth so much more.

I watched that the first time it aired. It was one I always remembered.
Mainly the robbers wanted to go 100 years into the future to avoid prosecution for their crime. Of course they assumed gold would still be very valuable, as it always had been.

I watched that the first time it aired. It was one I always remembered.
Mainly the robbers wanted to go 100 years into the future to avoid prosecution for their crime. Of course they assumed gold would still be very valuable, as it always had been.
It was definitely a well though out caper. Only goes to show it can be awfully risky at predicting the future. That's something I would not like to do when my employer would ask me to forecast future sales. Even if I did do it and it turned out to be correct they'd never be prepared for when it did come. They'd always says they just felt it was to much to risk and felt that I seemed to uncertain to guarantee the business would actually come their way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back