School Patrol Boy Badge & Marble

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was doing a bit of Detecting around and Older Home when I heard a good strong signal. Out pops this bit of Nostalgia; a school Patrol Boys badge. It didn't have the Pin on the back so I dug a bit deeper in an effort to find and found this pretty little mint green marble. For those of us who went to school in the 50's and 60's Patrol boys wore these shiny badges on white cross belts, they did the cross walks around the schools and were on the buses sitting behind the driver trying to keep us younger hellions in line :laughing7: I found a few modern coins nothing earlier than the mid 60's. Gonna try it again this weekend.

Attachments

• badgm.jpg
    badgm.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 40
  • bdge mble.jpg
    bdge mble.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 26
Upvote 9
Was doing a bit of Detecting around and Older Home when I heard a good strong signal. Out pops this bit of Nostalgia; a school Patrol Boys badge. It didn't have the Pin on the back so I dug a bit deeper in an effort to find and found this pretty little mint green marble. For those of us who went to school in the 50's and 60's Patrol boys wore these shiny badges on white cross belts, they did the cross walks around the schools and were on the buses sitting behind the driver trying to keep us younger hellions in line :laughing7: I found a few modern coins nothing earlier than the mid 60's. Gonna try it again this weekend.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Nice Saves of the Patrol badge and the marble. I remember the school patrols. My brother was one. Back then the patrols got to go on a trip to Washington D.C. and NYC. that was quite a treat for a young boy from Georgia back in the early 60's.

Love the badge.
I wore one in the 70s on an orange belt. :headbang:
Lieutenant's badges had a red inlay, and Captain's badges had a blue inlay in my city.
Crossing Guard Captain's from all elementary schools in my city went on a yearly field trip to Washington DC.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back