kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this thing at an old housesite today and I was hopeing someone could give me any info as to what it may be.It's brass about 3-4 inches long has a man ?? Lion ?? head desighn with a hook at the bottom and a ring on the back.My Dad thinks it may be off of a horse harness.Thanks !

Attachments

• MVC-018F.JPG
    MVC-018F.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 591
  • MVC-019F.JPG
    MVC-019F.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 585
Dont think it's a doorknocker to small.Possibly colonial,but I found it in an area that dates more recent.Mabey victorian ? Couple more pic's to give y'all an idea on size.

Attachments

• MVC-020F.JPG
    MVC-020F.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 559
  • MVC-021F.JPG
    MVC-021F.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 551
Upvote 0
Tha is one interesting piece,
Looking forward to the replies!!

Tim

Upvote 0
A one knuckle brass knuckle that will leave a funny shakespear picture tattooe'd on someones face.

Upvote 0
wildrider said:
A one knuckle brass knuckle that will leave a funny shakespear picture tattooe'd on someones face.

My thoughts exactly, knew I recognized that face

2.gif

Tim

Upvote 0
wildrider said:

That's a thought,The hook part would be good for dragging someone around by the nose also ! ;D

I think my Dad was on the right track with the harness thing.The hook could maybe be used to rest the reigns ???

Upvote 0
Rein rail hook? Just guessing, but I think it is horse/carriage related.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
Gypsy Witch said:
Doesnt it resemble Abe Lincoln....If you compare it to the banner post that Ohio Jerry has of the Lincoln jackknife....

Hi Mizzzzzz Gypsy ! Yeah it does kinda look like it. :thumbsup:

Knowone has mentioned the crown on his head,could be a clue mabey ???

DCMatt said:
Rein rail hook? Just guessing, but I think it is horse/carriage related.

DCMatt

Thems my thoughts also.was there such a thing as a Rein rail hook or did it just sound good ? :D

Upvote 0
Gypsy Witch said:
You know it kind of resembles an ale stein handle

Hmmmmmm...Kinda.I looked at it close and doesent seem to have any spots were it looked like it had been attached to anything.I did notice that the ring looks like a ring inside of a ring.I'm like'n it whatever it is and think I'm going to try the old electralalasalisssisizzz thing on it.Thanks for the help Mizzz Gypsy ! ;D

Upvote 0
Many Victorian houses used to have a molding that ran around a room, about a foot or so below the ceiling, and there were many styles of hooks that would just hang off that molding to hang pictures from so they didn't have to puncture the walls. As shown in the next link.

http://houseofantiquehardware.com/s.nl/sc.13/category.64/.f

Now, this isn't a picture hook, but it does look a hook of some sort, maybe to slip over a wood molding in the shape of your object, something attached to a post like a hat tree, or even across an opening?

Upvote 0
kieser sousa said:
Knowone has mentioned the crown on his head,could be a clue mabey ???
thats a crown? looks like a cross :icon_scratch:...yes, a clue... what lion?...hard to see...looks like hair...maybe its a woman. :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back