Scarce Hunt

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a fellow detectorist Andy made the trek to my neck of the woods today and we hit an old cellar hole and a 1700's farmstead. We did get some valuable information for a future hunt but today the finds were pretty scarce. I did manage to get another decorative button, circa 1700s, a black flat button, also 1700s, a copper piece of grating and a heavy lead counter weight. I found the decorative button within the first five minutes of our 4 hours hunt so my hopes were up...not meant to be. Still fun to get out.

Attachments

• april4relicstn.JPG
    april4relicstn.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 580
  • tncounterweight.JPG
    tncounterweight.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 586
  • tnoldgrating.JPG
    tnoldgrating.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 580
  • tnflowerbutton.JPG
    tnflowerbutton.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 581
Upvote 0
great finds Romeo-1! Besides bringing up coins out of the dirt my next fave is old buttons. Love that decorative one!

Congrats!

Funkman

I think the button's got it hand's down Romeo....Nice dig's...Thank's for the post

You near water? That lead weight looks very much like a sounding lead. Some had a hollow base for wax or grease that would bring up a sample of the bottom type.

Trash Digger said:
That looks like a window sash weight. Congrats on getting out and finding a nice button.

Mike

It looks like the right shape. I installed windows for 17 years and never saw a lead one though, only iron. Love the Button and old lead is going for a premium, nice day I'd say. Bongo

Those are still nice finds in my book.

I'll take a few flat buttons over a few common old coins anyday. I love to hunt for that old pioneer history. I have my moments but with living in a city the land is so scarce anymore.

But the city is old though to. I have to go out of the city for those types of finds. And time is always a factor for me.

Take care,

Good luck with your searches.

HH Jer

WHy is that? I seem to always get my best stuff up front then flatten out. I guess to make us hunt longer? :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back