Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well a friend of mines compressor on his hvac went out and put him in a tight spot financially. He has a wood stove so Saturday morning, I loaded up the trailer with a big load of split and seasoned firewood for his stove to tie him over until he can get it fixed. Left at 6am and drove an hour to his place.
Showed up and he and I went out on some family land detecting for an hour or two after unloading the wood. He had never been and wanted to learn. It was tough detecting. All corn fields with 2 ft stalks standing everywhere. I managed to pull some brass odds and ends, an 8pt antler she'd by sight of course, a wheat, a few old bullets.
Well I needed to be back by 11 so it was a short hunt.
Later that day I got a random call from a family member who had dropped my name in conversation to someone, inviting me to come hunt a historic plantation home. I was stoked!
I didn't have much time and mostly just cruised around the property getting a game plan. I did manage to pull this 1852 LC. I can't wait to get out there again when I have some time!!!
Good karma for a good deed :) I'd a been happy just helping a friend but this was icing on the cake.

Upvote 13
What goes around comes around. Nice find.

HH, Relic Nut

Sounds like a nice little door opened for you.

Best of luck hunting.
Now get out there... and bring lunch and liquids with ya. :P

Helping out a friend in need was the real treasure with the LC being just dessert.

Well deserved. Hope your new spot yields some great finds!
HH

when you get back to that place it may pay off with a treasure chest

Great stoy. Im sure you will find that a great hunt.

Thanks yall. I'll be researching plenty before I go back out next. And will hopefully have more to share after the next trip!

Great post, doing the right thing paid off again. Congrats on that LC. :occasion14: Good luck in your future hunts at the plantation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back