jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Havent posted anything in a while because I havent been out in a while. Spent all morning Saturday at the sales and here are the results:

-ammo can (bought this kind before and sold for $12)
-home comfort bread and cake cabinet with shelves and latch works
-norman rockwell magazine covers coffee table book (remind me to never ever buy books, i always lose)
-decorative ensemble/savoury gift set - unopened box
-gentry 12 piece party set - unopened box
-acumath 400 slide rule with case
-box of assorted watchmakers tools and razor hones
-REPLICA morgan dollar cut out pendant on chain
-gold filled high school pendant

I think the razor hones are the biggest score of the entire lot. The cake box is nice but it isnt in the best condition so...

Attachments

• IMG_2661.JPG
    IMG_2661.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2656.JPG
    IMG_2656.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2655.JPG
    IMG_2655.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2654.JPG
    IMG_2654.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 97
Yes, you can't find hones like that anymore. I'm always on the lookout for that sort of thing and rarely find any. I'm a hobbyist woodworker and it's hard to get a scary sharp edge with modern hones. Is the SWATY an oilstone?

Yes, you can't find hones like that anymore. I'm always on the lookout for that sort of thing and rarely find any. I'm a hobbyist woodworker and it's hard to get a scary sharp edge with modern hones. Is the SWATY an oilstone?

I was told the SWATY is a barber hone. The 3 with the white/black stone are called natural combo coticules. I have no idea about the smaller one in the box.

You can make money on books. I have bought and sold blue hardcover Hardy Boys , Tarzan, StarTrek and Louis Lamore paperbacks . Keep an eye out for those most of the tiem you can get them for @ 25 cents

You can make money on books. I have bought and sold blue hardcover Hardy Boys , Tarzan, StarTrek and Louis Lamore paperbacks . Keep an eye out for those most of the tiem you can get them for @ 25 cents

jerseyben - awesome finds --- those razor hones will bring a bundle. Check the watch tools for Bergeon tools.

acevilla - can I re-post your comment in the thread "Items to Keep an eye out for" ?

Books are good if you know what you are looking for. I once bought out an estate library about 1000 books for $250 and 90% were old and either had inscription and signed by the author or just signed (which is what you look for). I sold on ebay for months and made a great profit. The estate was a Professor at the University and Book reviewer for the local paper.

I'm not saying there isn't money to be made on books - just not by me. Haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back