Satellite,aireal images

$MELTER-1

Jul 10, 2024
Central Louisiana (DA-BOOT)
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre , bounty hunter quick draw pro , bounty hunter pioneer ex with 4in. Sniper coil ,GP pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody know of a reliable site to use to actually see a location over time so as to be able to know what was or was not there? And do this online.

The Google Earth app for iPhone has a feature called “Timelapse” that does exactly that. It’s probably available on the website based version of google earth as well.

Attachments

• IMG_4174.png
    IMG_4174.png
    127 KB · Views: 8
Is it free and for android

Historical Aerials
I tried historical but the resolution was so poor you couldn't tell large trees from buildings.and it only went back to the early 90s in central la.where imm at

I tried historical but the resolution was so poor you couldn't tell large trees from buildings.and it only went back to the early 90s in central la.where imm at
Have you tried Historic map works?

Not yet but about to .thanks
No doubt the fact that there isn't really anything here but country (woods) has a lot to do with the lack of what imm looking for,lol.

No doubt the fact that there isn't really anything here but country (woods) has a lot to do with the lack of what imm looking for,lol.
try to find a topo map, they will be way older than aerial photos . the ledger will identify buildings , Cemetaries churches, mills, dams. roads . the one I found at the courthouse is from 1862 and was drawn up by a confederate engineer.

try to find a topo map, they will be way older than aerial photos . the ledger will identify buildings , Cemetaries churches, mills, dams. roads . the one I found at the courthouse is from 1862 and was drawn up by a confederate engineer.

Yea that seems to be my only promising option,I was trying to access it online without going to the court house(they scare me worse than the devil himself) lol. But thanks for tip I may have to grab my crucifix and make a run for it.lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back