Sand shark in black sand

zepplinc20

Jul 29, 2024
AZ
Detector(s) used
White's V3I, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just picked up a sand shark for 150 bucks from an old timer who said it was basically useless in black sand. As soon as I got home I disassembled it, which took some time as the shaft was stuck pretty good and needed some persuasion with all the crap in there. Finally I got the coil cover off and a bunch of blackish sand dumped out. Would it be a safe assumption that was a main contributing factor why he wasn't having any luck?

1000032626.jpg

Yes it could be the issue, coil cover should be cleaned either before or after each use. I clean mine before each use so I know its clean..

It is a great machine in black sand. Just be prepared to dig it all!

Last edited:
I just picked up a sand shark for 150 bucks from an old timer who said it was basically useless in black sand. As soon as I got home I disassembled it, which took some time as the shaft was stuck pretty good and needed some persuasion with all the crap in there. Finally I got the coil cover off and a bunch of blackish sand dumped out. Would it be a safe assumption that was a main contributing factor why he wasn't having any luck?

View attachment 2161410
If the sand is magnetic, its almost certain that was the problem.
I can just imagine how those particles were jumping around inside when the pulsing started, probably like ping pong balls on a bass speaker cone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back